New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Link headset cable sold out

engie-bvsengie-bvs Posts: 6
NerveGear
Hi,
The Oculus Link headset cable are sold out in Belgium. When will they be available again?
Thx
Tagged:

Comments

• dburnedburne Posts: 3,060 Valuable Player
    I think they have been sold out here in the U.S. for a while now also.
    Not sure what is going on - glad I got mine early.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • engie-bvsengie-bvs Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    Like I just got my quest case after almost 6 months.. :(. Hope to get an official answer from oculus.
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 4,571 Valuable Player
    edited February 10
    It's a bit funny - or sad - for years Oculus wanted VR to take off, hoping for Rift CV1 to sell close to 2.6 mill by 2017 if I remember correctly - and now where demand has increased, everything is (completely) sold out and no one seems to have a clue when factories can meet the demand.

https://www.businessinsider.com/analyst-estimates-oculus-revenue-growth-potential-2016-3?r=US&IR=T

Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • virtualHCGvirtualHCG Posts: 51
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited February 10
    And this will also impact their production timelines further: https://www.theverge.com/2020/2/7/21128307/coronavirus-outbreak-tech-industry-production-supply-chain-delay-impact

Facebook has also stopped taking new orders for its latest Oculus Quest VR headset, citing the outbreak for the delay. “[Like] other companies we’re expecting some additional impact to our hardware production due to the Coronavirus. We’re taking precautions to ensure the safety of our employees, manufacturing partners and customers, and are monitoring the situation closely. We are working to restore availability as soon as possible,” the company said in a statement to Android Central.

• engie-bvsengie-bvs Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    Looking at these facts. What is the best alternative at this time? 5m / charging ability / reliable
    The 5m partylink cable? (that can't be delivered in Belgium  :(  )