New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

How do i change where i download the oculus app files?

KeranThePolishKeranThePolish Posts: 2
NerveGear
The title pretty much says everything there is to say
Tagged:

Comments

• TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,746 Valuable Player
    Do yourself a big favor and just install it on your C drive (system drive) and later select another (larger) drive to store your VR games.  You will have a lot less issues later imho.  If you do not have enough room on your C drive, make room or buy a bigger drive.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my old AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro, Vive Cosmos, Vive Wireless.

• KeranThePolishKeranThePolish Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    that's fair enough i suppose, thanks mate!
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 5,203 Volunteer Moderator
    You can add a library location in your Oculus desktop app to store your games on another drive (sorry, I’m not at my PC to give you exact instructions, but it’s not hard to do—look around in the Settings menu). Once you’ve done that, you can also move installed games to any library location you’ve set up, by clicking on the three dots on the game’s library icon, and choosing Move.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0