New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

‘Lights Out’ 3DoF Mode for Rift S

Dear community,

as I didn't find according info via Google nor with the search function here, I wanted to ask:
Is there a 3DOF-Mode for the Rift S? 
I experienced that the Rift S often loses the "game area" which then has to be setup again. To show simple 3DOF experiences such as 360°-Videos, it would be great if the Rift S can be used without this play area or guardian. Is there a possibility to use the ‘Lights Out’ 3DoF Mode as on the Oculus Quest also with the Rift S?

Comments

• Bandara_VRBandara_VR Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    What might also work is to deny the Rift S to go to sleep mode, such keeping the tracking on.

Is there any way to prevent the Rift S to go into sleep mode? I know that in the debug tool, the proximity sensor can be overruled, but as I read, the Rift S still goes into sleep mode after around 10 minutes.

Thank you in advance!
  • Eradicator99Eradicator99 Posts: 25
    Brain Burst
    Has this just begun happening with the recent update?

Many are dealing with it but look around, there's a thread on this with a workaround so the guardian doesn't reset.

There is a setup panel in the software on the left side....your settings for allowing content (needed for d/l'ing) and others are there. I'm not sure about sleep mode but is your DT setup to sleep? 

If you are taking about the unit shutting off, that's a function of the contact switch in the presspad in the face mask .

erad