New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Black Screen and loading dots w/ Link.

KhilleorKhilleor Posts: 3
NerveGear
edited February 11 in Oculus Quest
Just installed an update that released today for the PTC, and now Link won't work. Doesn't change if I'm opted out of the PTC or not, and when I'm opted in, it gives that "A Quest software update is recommended for Oculus Link (Beta). Install the update from the About section of Settings in your headset." of course, the headset says there is no update available. Every time I swap between them, it also requests to install new drivers. But, nothing changes, after restarts and updates and all that. Just a black screen, three dots. Though after a few minutes of it, I can hear the shimmer of the home environment being loaded, and if I wave my controllers around, I can hear the click of things being passed over by the cursor from the menu.

It's worked smoothly for the past few weeks, and I run on a 1050ti and a Ryzen 3 with an Anker cable.

Small update: Tried completely reinstalling the Oculus app, no luck.
Tagged:

Comments

• Mjh777Mjh777 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Having the same problem after updating today. Quest and PC on version 13.
  • vargabloodvargablood Posts: 75
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited February 12
    Open the oculus debug tool and undo render resolution settings done with V12. Set it from 2912 to a maximum of 2784 or lower. Restart Oculus Services in the Debugtools options. now it should work again.
  • KhilleorKhilleor Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Open the oculus debug tool and undo render resolution settings done with V12. Set it from 2912 to a maximum of 2784 or lower. Restart Oculus Services in the Debugtools options. now it should work again.
    This fixed it, thank you so much!

• Mjh777Mjh777 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Yesssss! Thanks a lot! But we can't use the 2912 resolution any more?

• vargabloodvargablood Posts: 75
    Hiro Protagonist
    Mjh777 said:
    Yesssss! Thanks a lot! But we can't use the 2912 resolution any more?

its supposed to be a bug with nvidia cards at the moment if i understand it correctly. so maybe that gonna work again in future updates ;) 
  • grove21grove21 Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    Doesn't work for me. It drops out sometimes and just a black room.