cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stutter even after V13 update

Doddsy7
Honored Guest
Anyone else still getting horrible frame drops even after the V13 update? I use quest with link. I only tried beat saber and am yet to try other games but i'm wondering if some still have it like me
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
I do on the Rift S. It briefly worked with a PTC version 14 update but then it was just broken in the next PTC update again. I don't think Oculus headsets are viable anymore. They can get broken at any second with a forced update.

vargablood
Expert Protege
I use it with many AAA Titles like Assetto Corsa or Pcars 2 and its running very performant. there are no frame drops or stutter.

hombrene
Honored Guest
sometimes, but it's playable most of the time

Sagaroth
Honored Guest

Doddsy7 said:

Anyone else still getting horrible frame drops even after the V13 update? I use quest with link. I only tried beat saber and am yet to try other games but i'm wondering if some still have it like me

Yep, I still have the same issue which was present from v12. Now even after update v13.1 (5 days ago) the issue continues..
I have a Rift S and when monitoring a game FPS, the FPS is constantly 80, but when moving head the Stuttering is awful. Before v12 the problem was not there!

Oculus you must fix this. I'm sick every 30 minutes because of this head movement stutter..

Is there a new fix or new Beta Firmware which fixes this issue?
Yep, I've tried v14 from the Beta and the issue still exist...

Thanks!

PaulRa
Explorer
Still stuttering using Oculus Quest with the official Oculus Link cable, ver 14 across the board. Same with otehr cables, with plugging it into other ports, disconnecting other USB devices, reinstalling Windows, all the drivers, disabling all processes suspected to impact performance. Has been happening for months now since the initial Link release.
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?