cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flickering grey bars

hahadead7777
Honored Guest
To start off I was able to use VR nearly perfectly fine for the first few days. But as of the last couple days I had grey flickering bars when the headset moves on virtual desktop mode and it was saying my VR Headset video cord wasn't hooked up right despite viewing this from VR and games like VR Chat function just fine. I have changed the DP port that I have my Oculus Rift S hooked into, tried doing a full restart of the device with unplugs after turning off, and I've even turned my computer off to no avail. 

I have seen only 1 other post like this but there's was from 2015 so I figured it may be something else. The only think I have experienced around that time was 2 player caused crashes in VR Chat which ever since spammed a "reset view" prompt in Virtual Desktop mode which disappeared at the same time I got the flickering bars. I'm likely to just refund this at my walmart as I think they sold me used goods as new as my device was already partially setup among other slight details

Thanks for your time and though I'd love to keep using this I'd rather get a properly brand new one at a later date than have a half working one
6 REPLIES 6

igor320023
Honored Guest
I got exactly the same, please help!!

dmirkin
Honored Guest
I have the same issue, they need to fix this asap

tuomaspap
Honored Guest
Same issue appeared suddenly yesterday and affects also games with stuttering alot 

dmirkin
Honored Guest
I found a fix: enable high quality panel rendering in the oculus dash graphics settings, that fixed it for me

igor320023
Honored Guest
omg it worked thanks!!!

claude_lacombe_
Honored Guest
Super! This solved my problem! Thanks!