cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus link won't load fully, any Ideas?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have used oculus link on this quest and pc before without any issues but for some reason after I updated to v13.0 it hasn't worked properly since.  I am not in the public test channel on the oculus pc app.  When I launch Oculus Link I am able to hear the home environment load in but I am stuck looking at three dots trying to load the picture.  It is still able to track where the touch controllers are as well as I can touch the boundary.  The quest says it is running version 13.0.0.298.463 and the app is running version 13.0.0.280.463
If anyone has any ideas on how I can get this to work properly I'd really appreciate the feedback.
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Update:  After doing some testing, I have come to a possible conclusion.  In short, I need a new cable.  I discovered that when I would move in certain ways that the link would shut off completely and say that it lost connection.  This being, of course, while I was still in the black screen with audio but no video.  So, if it is the cable that's having issues, should I just shill out the $80 to get the official oculus cable or should I go with another third party cable?

vargablood
Expert Protege
I had the same problem, its because i changed the resolution settings with the debug tool in V12 to 2912 pixel. Had to set it lower or 0 - after that and resetting oculus services it worked again with V13.

golani79
Honored Guest

I had the same problem, its because i changed the resolution settings with the debug tool in V12 to 2912 pixel. Had to set it lower or 0 - after that and resetting oculus services it worked again with V13.

.. thanks a lot!
Wasted 2 hours yesterday trying to fix this problem without any success ... why didn´t I find your post sooner? .. lol :smiley: