New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Logging in NEVER works!

morsifymorsify Posts: 33
Brain Burst
If you want customers to keep coming to this forum, why is the logging-in process never addressed? So many people have commented on the problem in the past, but it never gets fixed. I wonder how many people have tried, failed and given up never to bother returning.

Anyway, in case it helps anyone else, I tried for hours this morning and could not log in no matter what I tried - refreshing, deleting cookies, switching between discussions/categories, different browsers, no joy.
Eventually I then logged in via my Oculus account instead, and from there I then returned to the forum - I again tried swapping between 'discussions' and 'categories' and this time, finally got logged in. So in case it had anything to do with it, try logging into your Oculus account first.

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X, i7 9770K, 16GB DDR4, EVGA RTX2070XC 8GB Ultra Gaming, AOC 32" monitor, 2 x Inatek PCI USB controllers, Oculus Rift CV1, Windows 10 64 Home

Comments

• DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 5,458 Volunteer Moderator
    This has been a problem for a long time. I've had to login via the Oculus home page for as long as I can remember and for some reason, even that doesn't work sometimes on my phone.

I wish this was fixed.
    Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18363.657)
  • ElusiveMarlinElusiveMarlin Posts: 290
    Nexus 6
    I've only just, (Past couple of weeks),  managed to get logged back into this forum after about 3 months of it failing!

Really annoying when you want to comment on a message and your can't!
    RIFT CV1
    RIFT S
    Leeds, UK.

Intel Core i7 7700K 3.7GHz | RAM 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |

"Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story...."
  • dburnedburne Posts: 3,060 Valuable Player
    Yep every so often the system logs me out and it is one huge pain in the butt to get logged back in to the forums.
    Has always been this way afaik.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 4,018 Valuable Player
    edited February 13
    Logging in Never works!

Then how did you make the thread? This must all be an illusion. Ignore me.

:p 

System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 4,558 Valuable Player
    Logging in Never works!

Then how did you make the thread? This must all be an illusion. Ignore me.

:p 
    Man, I was about to write that and then I read your post, sigh  :( 
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • gregor616gregor616 Posts: 58
    Hiro Protagonist
    I have had login issues on MS Edge but find Chrome logs right in, remembers me and is in my opinion the better browser anyhow. Have you tried Chrome or another browser? 
    Oculus Quest 
    AMD Ryzen 7 2700, GeForce RTX 2060 Super, 32GB, Asus B450 Motherboard
  • ElusiveMarlinElusiveMarlin Posts: 290
    Nexus 6
    I have tried using IE10/11, Chrome and Firefox, all show the same problem.

I still cannot login now with Chrome or Firefox, but IE11 is "currently" the only place I can login!!!
    RIFT CV1
    RIFT S
    Leeds, UK.

Intel Core i7 7700K 3.7GHz | RAM 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |

"Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story...."