cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate thread: Oculus Quest and Link not working, and the Link update loop. All that I tried

petra.skachova
Protege

aeye69tmiaf8.png

So I decided to write this thread, because I´m literally hopeless and I must state that it´s not possible to make the Quest work with Link. I would like to know if anyone of you tried all of what I tried and has still the same problem, or if any of you actually succeeded?

I asked for help the Oculus support and chatted with them 4 times. They were helpful and nice, but we did not solve the situation, ever.

Here´s the summary of the whole thing:

MY PC
1) My PC and graphic card meet the specs
- the Graphic Card is AMD Radeon 530 and is listed in the supported cards: https://support.oculus.com/444256562873335/
2) My PC is a Lenovo notebook, Windows 10, 16 GB RAM (minimum requirement is 8 GB), Intelcore i7-7500
3) I have a compatible Anker cable bought on Amazon, as suggested by Oculus before the official Link cable was launched

Oculus Quest
- is updated on the latest 13.0 firmware

Oculus Windows app (Link)
- now it´s getting compliacated. Let´s assume that we need to have both the Quest headset and the pc software with the same version of software - 13. But this is where it gets tricky. The software is on 12.0 once you download it (now updated on 13.0 maybe). So the customer care asks you to opt-in for the PTC (Public Test Channel Beta), and a series of updates take place, taking you to 13.0, 13.1, ending with 14.0 (useless). You can´t use the PC software when it´s on the 14.0, because the Quest is on 13.0 and in any case it did not work for me.
- so you opt out from the PTC, and the updates roll-back to 13.0 - now everything seems to be fine!

BUT

a series of error messages come, interchanging, like:
- The PC hardware is not compatible with Oculus (what does it mean? My PC meet the specs set by Oculus themselves)
- The graphic card is not supported by Oculus (not true, it´s listed in Oculus´ website)
- An error was encountered, please restart your PC or contact Oculus Link support (I did without any good results).
- together with No Audio on the Quest message

I am stuck on this forever.

I did every single thing there was to do, following every step of the Oculus support, and even they were pretty puzzled and admitted that there is a problem between the Oculus quest version and the PC software version, and that they are working on it with the dev team.

The steps Oculus Support asked me to do were:

1) Uninstall the software, re-download and re-install it. Fresh installation, repair installation. Do it all over again (7 GB of data each time)

2) Opt-in to PTC, opt-out of the Beta

3) Disable my secondary Intel Graphic card, and let just the AMD Radeon be active

4) Updating drivers of my computer

5) PC system diagnosis and Oculus diagnosis tool

So I even get the "Enable Oculus Link (Beta)" option inside of the Oculus Quest, but when I click on it, there we go - three dots, black screen, and it returns back to the home of Quest (like some of you already reported here).

I´ve been trying since December guys. Nothing to do.

2 REPLIES 2

Apehjerne
Protege
Oculus really blew it with this mess of an update/rollout. However, this is what finally helped me:

1. Make sure you have v14 PTC software installed on your PC and v13 firmware on your Quest
2. Open up "Sound" menu from Windows Control panel, and then search "Oculus Virtual Audio Device" from "Playback" tab.
3. Hit the "Properties" button and change the device name as "Headphones"
4. Click "Apply" button.

petra.skachova
Protege

Apehjerne said:

Oculus really blew it with this mess of an update/rollout. However, this is what finally helped me:

1. Make sure you have v14 PTC software installed on your PC and v13 firmware on your Quest
2. Open up "Sound" menu from Windows Control panel, and then search "Oculus Virtual Audio Device" from "Playback" tab.
3. Hit the "Properties" button and change the device name as "Headphones"
4. Click "Apply" button.

Thank you for this advice. I tried. I even renamed in the Recording tab the Oculus device as Microphone. And all the error messages disappeared. However, the main red ribbon error message stating "Oculus is not compatible with the system hardware persists" and I still can´t enter the Rift environment... Do you have any other advices, please :-)? Thanks