New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Link Freezing

TheGuineaPigTheGuineaPig Posts: 4
NerveGear
I've seen many that have this issue, but no solutions have worked for me.
The issue is that oculus link after a few minutes freezes in the headset whilst still running on my pc, I've tried different usb ports and meet all the specs. Anyone have any solutions that worked for them?

Comments

• neovirageneovirage Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    I have the same problem. It worked beautifully until the latest update. After that I can't connect my Quest to my  computer without it freezing after a few seconds.
  • TheGuineaPigTheGuineaPig Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Have you found a solution? Because I almost only use oculus link now and am almost unable to play games I paid money for...
  • PWal83PWal83 Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    I'm the same it worked fine on version 11 started freezing on 12 and is even worse on 13, if anyone does find a fix please let me know. 
  • neovirageneovirage Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    I finally got my freeze issue to go away after the v13 update. It worked fine before that. I'm not entirely sure what fixed it however.
    What I tried today was:

1) Making sure my NVIDIA drivers was up to date. v. 442.19
    2) I disabled the PTC and let everything install.
    3) Then I unplugged the cable from the USB 3.0 outlet on my computer (I'm using a USB 3.0 hub in between the computer and VR cable)
    4) I enabled PTC again and let it fully install
    5) Used:
    • Open OculusDebugTool.exe (by default, in C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics)
    • Under the Oculus Link section make sure that "Encode Resolution Width" is set to 2784 or less. (I set it to 1600)*
    • Rebooted the Oculus App by going to Settings -> Beta -> Restart Oculus
    • Reboot your Oculus Quest.
    6) Plugged the USB hub into a USB 3.1 port on my computer and voila, it worked! :D:smile:

Gonna be interesting to see if it still works later on though, but I managed to get a few hours of playtime in today without the screen freezing or other issues. 
    Hopefully this might help someone else.

• TheGuineaPigTheGuineaPig Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I did the exact same thing, so far so good! Thanks for your input.