cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importance of USB 3 for HMD

Ron3011
Honored Guest
So for the longest time, I've been getting tracking loss in Beat Saber; a saber floats off or disappears for 1/2 a second. Without getting into the boring detail, I followed instructions online to test different sensor setups, ways to secure the battery in the touch controllers, etc, but today I had a look at my USB. I noticed I had 2 sensors in USB 2.0 and the 3rd in USB 3.0, which I thought was correct. After looking at the recommendations, it seems this should have been 2x USB 3 and 1x USB 2. I switched the sensors to match this recommendation. I then noticed my HMD is also showing as USB 2 when it is plugged into USB 3. It turns out that my 2 USB3 sensors and my HMD are all plugged into the same host controller.

My questions are
1. Will this cause me issues, or since the HMD is being throttled back to USB2, should this be fine?
2. Is it likely that my old setup of having 2x USB2 sensors, instead of 2xUSB 3 were the cause of my beat saber tracking issues?
3. If it is imperative to move the HMD to it's own USB 3 controller, can anyone recommend a PCIe card that will work with an extender? I'm not extending yet, but I have a monoprice active USB3 cable coming in the mail soon.

Thanks
0 REPLIES 0