New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

When is facebook horizon coming out?

DJ.VeasyDJ.Veasy Posts: 1
NerveGear
edited February 17 in Oculus Quest
I know it's coming out soon, but does anybody know the month or at least when the beta is going to start?

Answers

• Crazy_SaneCrazy_Sane Posts: 279
    Nexus 6

Soon.

It's coming soon.

Given that the universe is 13.8 billion years old, it's logical to assume that "soon" refers to less than that.

So to answer your question:

soon < 1.38×10(10)y (with an uncertainty of +- 100%)

I don't know about you, but I'm excited.

• DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 5,574 Volunteer Moderator
    It's been in the 'coming soon' section of the store for a while now, I'm hoping it's a matter of a week or 2 but idk... if we're having a sweepstake, I'll take 3 weeks.
    Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18363.720)
  • Umpa_PCUmpa_PC Posts: 537
    Nexus 6
    You know, I watched the video showing FaceBook Horizon, I did not know really what it was, after watching the video I now don't know what it really is - lol
    Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
    MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
    MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
    16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
    Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 15, Quest Version 15
    Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.
  • ezop73ezop73 Posts: 252
    Nexus 6
    DJ.Veasy said:
    I know it's coming out soon, but does anybody know the month or at least when the beta is going to start?
    At OC6 they started Facebook Horizon will launch next year with an invite-only closed beta being available towards the end of the year and into early next year. So i'd say the closed beta has already started and I'd also hope early next year would be the 1st quarter of 2020 (so maybe/hopefully between now and the end of March).
  • Crazy_SaneCrazy_Sane Posts: 279
    Nexus 6
    Umpa_PC said:
    You know, I watched the video showing FaceBook Horizon, I did not know really what it was, after watching the video I now don't know what it really is - lol
    I get the feeling it's Facebook's take on RecRoom or Altspace. A social app with lots of minigames.

I'm expecting good things.

• CongratulationsCongratulations Posts: 123
    Art3mis
    I would imagine realising public beta at F8, now I’m not sure after being canceled.
  • ezop73ezop73 Posts: 252
    Nexus 6
    Facebook Horizon

• HeartwellMediaHeartwellMedia Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    If there was ever a more important time that Facebook Horizon is needed...it's now. Social Distancing need not exist in the virtual world of Horizon. Hoping we get some release news soon :)