cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failing to Cast

Chappie7
Honored Guest
My Quest will connect to the app fine and cast to a device, I can accept to Cast etc...but when it does actually cast it's just a black screen.

Pointless black screen where I have the option to stop casting. 

Any ideas how to resolve?
4 REPLIES 4

Umpa_PC
Rising Star
I feel your pain, I have had it going but its flakey at best.  I don't even bother anymore its that hit and miss.  When it did work, the quality was poor, had dropped frames added in just to kick you between the legs.
Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.

Cus
Honored Guest
Just been messing with Casting to phone and had the same issue...would connect fine, show the red dot indicator in screen, but phone screen would stay black and disconnect after 5-10 seconds.
Found the problem....Blokada!!.
If you use any Ad-Blocking software, turn it off while casting, see if that works 😉

ezop73
Rising Star
I can cast to chromecast perfectly fine and it's less than a second lag but casting to my phone is an issue, it will cast for about 15 seconds then just a black screen, I have to quit the app, maybe it's mobile phone specific or just the android app needs work.

Umpa_PC
Rising Star

Cus said:
if you use any Ad-Blocking software, turn it off while casting, see if that works 

I don't use any. 
I think the Quest is a great product - even with all its fault.  The only thing that gets under my skin is the poor casting.  There should be a selection: to be able to cast to several devices, and not require an internet connection.
Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.