New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

How do I install Oculus on drive D?

LollaCZLollaCZ Posts: 1
NerveGear
edited February 22 in General
Hi I want to ask how to install the program on drive D? Since I have a little space on the C unit and I would like to put it on D. I know it somehow but I do not know how :( Please ask for a detailed description :)

Comments

• dburnedburne Posts: 3,500 Valuable Player
    LollaCZ said:
    Hi I want to ask how to install the program on drive D? Since I have a little space on the C unit and I would like to put it on D. I know it somehow but I do not know how :( Please ask for a detailed description :)
    https://support.oculus.com/1142129705828091/
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • kobs57kobs57 Posts: 185
    Art3mis
    Oculus will install it's main program on drive C, you can choose to install everything else on another drive but you need a minimum space on the main drive
    VR dedicated computer...AMD Ryzen 7 1700X, 
    32 gigs of Corsair Vengence RGB memory,
     MSI 1070-TI,  on a MSI B-450 Gaming plus motherboard,
    EVGA super nova 1000 Watt PSU
    Oculus is on a Samsung 970 evo M.2 V nand 1TB on board SSD   
  • morsifymorsify Posts: 34
    Brain Burst
    LollaCZ said:
    I'm pretty sure you can choose to install on a drive other than C.
    Anyway, I used vrbackupper to move my OCulus installation, now my Oculus software and games are installed on my F drive (mine's an Oculus Rift CV1, I assume the software would do the same for Rift S, don't know if it works for Quest).
    Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X, i7 9770K, 16GB DDR4, EVGA RTX2070XC 8GB Ultra Gaming, AOC 32" monitor, 2 x Inatek PCI USB controllers, Oculus Rift CV1, Windows 10 64 Home
  • dburnedburne Posts: 3,500 Valuable Player
    morsify said:
    LollaCZ said:
    I'm pretty sure you can choose to install on a drive other than C.
    Anyway, I used vrbackupper to move my OCulus installation, now my Oculus software and games are installed on my F drive (mine's an Oculus Rift CV1, I assume the software would do the same for Rift S, don't know if it works for Quest).
    In the link I posted above in my reply, it explains how to do exactly that.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |