New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Cant install software, now have useless 400 piece of junk.

BlockingGamingBlockingGaming Posts: 1
NerveGear
SO i just got my VR headset, but when i tried to download my software, it said that i need a certain amount of disk space on my C drive, which i didnt have. So i figured, ok ill just put it on one of my free drives. But the problem is, you apparently cant switch the download location, and there is nothing i can delete or move on my C drive, so what should i do?

Comments

• OversizeWizardOversizeWizard Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    How small is your c drive or how much have you git installed to fill it. OMG!!

• SneakyglowormSneakygloworm Posts: 105
    Art3mis
    In all fairness, it's not the headset that's junk if the issue lies with your internal drive space. A 250 GB SSD will set you back no more than 60 GBP and will solve all of your issues. Of course you'll have to reinstall windows on it. 
  • SneakyglowormSneakygloworm Posts: 105
    Art3mis
    edited February 24
    Also, do you do housekeeping on your drives? You didn't say how big your c drive is. Depending on what you have and how your drive is set, you have a couple of options.

1. Clean it. Right click, properties, then clean drive ( or something like that) then click on clean system files. It will clear all old updates, etc out. It can save gigabytes of space. 

2. If your drive is partitioned, clear out the drive it's linked to and shift the partition a bit to create space on c.

3. Delete all the old crap in the downloads, documents, music, video etc. 

C drive ebbs and flows. If you have limited space on it, you're gonna start to run into issues. You need a minimum of 8 or 10 GB of free space to allow it to breathe.