cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest / Go Build 14.0 Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Update 3/4/2020: I'm hearing that the v14 software update should now be available to 100% of Quest and Go users. If you encounter any issues downloading or using this update, please contact customer support. Thanks again for your patience during this rollout!

Update 2/28/20:
 Hey everyone - Wanted to jump in here and provide a quick update on rollout progress. Rollout is still ongoing and only available to a percentage of users at this time, which means that if you haven't yet received v14, you should not expect to receive it over the weekend. We’ll continue the rollout next week as we ramp up to all users. Oculus Link should continue to work as normal in the meantime, as long as you have some combination of v13 / v14 software versions on your Quest and the PC software. We greatly appreciate your patience while the team works through this.

All of these features and enhancements will become available throughout the week of February 24, 2020.

Oculus Link

• The Quest microphone has been re-enabled for use with Link.
  • A dedicated Oculus Link button has been added to the Oculus Quest menu bar to make jumping into Link quicker and easier. Similarly, a button was added to the Dash belt that allows you to quickly exit Link when using it.
  • Link audio and microphone volume controls have been added to Dash and the Oculus desktop app.
  • Moving forward, Oculus Link no longer requires that the Quest software and the PC software have matching version numbers. However, the two software versions must be within one version of the other. For example, Link will function when the Quest is on software version 14 and the PC is software version 15 or the PC software is version 14 and the Quest software is version 13. It will not work if Quest is on version 13 and PC is on version 15 or vice versa.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a bug that prevented Oculus Link from working when the resolution had been adjusted with the Oculus Debug Tool.
  • Fixed a bug that sometimes caused a temporary black screen after waking the Quest up from a deep sleep.
  • Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented Oculus Link from launching when the Link cable was disconnected and reconnected after ending a previous Link session.
  • Fixed a bug that sometimes caused images to not display on the welcome screen after a headset reboot.
  • Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented the Voice Command feature from launching via Oculus button double press when the Voice Commands Shortcut experimental feature was enabled.
  • Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the floor height to be higher than normal when putting on the headset slowly.
  • Additional bug fixes, stability improvements, and software optimizations.
86 REPLIES 86

Anonymous
Not applicable
As soon as I grabbed this update both of my controllers started going heywire. Losing tracking repeatedly. Restarting didn't help.

cozyflea
Explorer
Thank you for getting the mic to work with Link.

SectionOne
Expert Protege
Now just allow loudness equalization for the Quest output

kevinwarhaft
Adventurer
cool will update my oculus go
kevin warhaft

KOBRI.SECTOR.BG
Protege
Did this update fix the tracking problems and dreaded black screen for anyone?

Yobiwan29
Adventurer
Please tell me you fixed the random headset tracking loss issue...
Oculus Quest 2 & 3 - MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge - i9 9900K - 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz - RTX 3080

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yobiwan29 said:

It did not, for me at least. And I'm having pretty bad loss of tracking on controllers ever since I got the update. It can't be controllers going bad because it happened on both controllers at the same time, immediately following the patch. I'll be playing games and one of my controllers just flies off into the sky quite regularly.

Yobiwan29
Adventurer

Yobiwan29 said:

It did not, for me at least. And I'm having pretty bad loss of tracking on controllers ever since I got the update. It can't be controllers going bad because it happened on both controllers at the same time, immediately following the patch. I'll be playing games and one of my controllers just flies off into the sky quite regularly.

The vast majority of users don't have tracking issue. Maybe this update is revealing something wrong with hardware. I will send back my device and get a new one. 10-15 days without VR ::neutral:
Oculus Quest 2 & 3 - MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge - i9 9900K - 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz - RTX 3080

ThugOwl
Explorer
I've updated my oculus desktop app but I've yet to see an update on the quest. I had an email which states "Updates for the Quest and Go follow the same staggered release model that the desktop software does" 

Does this mean I have to wait for the quest headset to update?

Why don't they release the updates simultaneously?

I have a blue banner stuck at the top of my screen prompting me for an update which isn't even available yet!

Does anyone know when the quest update will be released?