New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Why I'm a Hypocrite When I Say Get a Quest, Not an Index

Comrade_IvanComrade_Ivan Posts: 107
Art3mis
I thought about writing a long post about Quest's amazing modability (and how to get an extra 15 degrees in FOV), but then I thought it would take me too long to write it. So I opted to do a video instead.

I'm not affiliated with any of the product sellers/manufacturers in the video:

Comments

• RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,989 Valuable Player
    You can't get hold of the HTC head strap anymore from what I've heard.
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 4,880 Valuable Player
    Strange thing about that glue issue - I have not noticed such a problem. I've only cleaned the lenses once in 6 months, because I use glasses the lenses do not get dirty - at all (the CV1 did more, maybe Index has less air influx when in use...). Never seen the glue issue mentioned on Index Reddit, maybe you could make a post about it? 
    I have the Index in a bag when not in use - so far no dust problems. Same goes for CV1 ;)
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • trefleenortrefleenor Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Enjoy your video, Ivan. You’re a natural at this video review. Appreciate all the helpful information!
  • Comrade_IvanComrade_Ivan Posts: 107
    Art3mis
    RedRizla said:
    You can't get hold of the HTC head strap anymore from what I've heard.
    I got mine on eBay 10 days ago
  • ohgrantohgrant Posts: 296
    Nexus 6
     Thanks Ivan, I've been thinking about a more comfortable and easier to clean face gasket solution. I tried without the gasket and yes I think you're onto something there, going to try this.  
    Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 16gb ddr 4 3200, 1080ti. Z800 HMD, DK1, DK2, CV1, Vive wireless, Quest, HP Reverb. Viewsonic 1080p 3D projector ASUS 3D vision monitor.  UAD Apollo interface, Yamaha studio monitors.