New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Museum of Other Realities

RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 5,566 Valuable Player
Looks potentially great, I'm considering visiting the museum:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/613900/Museum_of_Other_Realities/

“What was once artwork experienced in the solitary confines of a universe built for one, at the MOR becomes a social phenomenon commented upon and shared by an entire community.”
UPLOADVR

“The MOR is an experience, not a game or a demo. It is designed like a real-world art museum, giving some of the best VR artists in the world a venue to show off all the amazing VR art they have been making for the last two years. I went into MOR with no expectations and came out with my mind completely blown. Everyone and anyone curious about VR needs to try this thing out."
FORBES

“And I was off again. But only because it was such a wonderful building, full of multi-dimensional madness and portals to impossible scenery.”
ROCK, PAPER, SHOTGUN

Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"

Comments

• RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 5,566 Valuable Player
    edited February 27
    More info about the museum here:

https://uploadvr.com/museum-mor-full-release/

I've just bought it, downloading now.
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

- and even more info here, note that the museum is no longer early access, but v. 1.0:

https://www.museumor.com/blog/mor-launch-the-museum-of-other-realities-leaves-early-access

• snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,623 Valuable Player
    Looks like doing LSD before trying this will NOT be a good idea 😂😂😂
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
    It's quite good, feels like a real museum. Not sure $20 is going to attract a lot of visitors, but I'm keeping it. 
    Works with Index res 200% in 90 fps using my GTX 1080, so it's not the most demanding app.

snowdog said:
    Looks like doing LSD before trying this will NOT be a good idea 😂😂😂
    I disagree, I think that would greatly enhance the experience - and don't forget Polybius after you're done at the museum!  :D 

This app is getting better and better, because it keeps getting updates with new exhibitions and content - had a great time in there this evening. 

Seems like something big it going on at the Museum - downloading an 18GB patch right now - here's what's going on the next days:

VRHAM! Virtual

EVENT DATEJun 4, 2020
    LOCATIONMOR & Livestreamed
    User
    Ulrich Schrauth

Hosted in VR at the Museum of Other Realities and streamed online, VRHAM! Virtual is an international arts festival featuring talks, workshops, networking, and an exhibition of 18 remarkable VR artworks. Running from June 4 -7, the entire festival program is free and open to the public via the Museum of Other Realities and will also be livestreamed to this event page. Please click here to attend festival in VR at the Museum of Other Realities.

Schedule

The full program can be found here . All times are in PST.

THURSDAY, JUNE 4

• 10:00AM - 12:00PM PST
      VRHAM! VIRTUAL OPENING
      Join the opening of VRHAM! VIRTUAL live

• 11:00AM - 11:20AM PST
      GUIDED CURATOR'S TOUR
      Ulrich Schrauth, Artistic Director of the festival, gives an exclusive guided tour through this year’s exhibition program

• 11:20AM - 11:40AM PST
      GUIDED CURATOR'S TOUR
      Ulrich Schrauth, Artistic Director of the festival, gives an exclusive guided tour through this year’s exhibition program

• 11:40AM - 12:00PM PST
      GUIDED CURATOR'S TOUR

FRIDAY, JUNE 5

• 7:00AM - 7:30AM PST
      SOCIAL OR DISTANCING: WHICH PERSPECTIVE IS VR ART TAKING?
      Artists of this year’s program talk about what the current situation means for their work

• 7:30AM - 8:30AM PST
      VR-TO-HEART WITH THE ARTISTS
      Meet the artists exclusively at their artworks and enter into a direct dialogue with them about their work

• 8:30AM - 9:00AM PST
      EMERGING XRTISTS
      From the many exciting submissions, we selected a collective of students to present their works to an international audience

• 10:00AM - 10:45AM PST
      COLOSSUS - ENCOUNTER NR. 3
      Colossus is an immersive multi user experience by Mathieu Pradat

• 11:00AM - 11:45AM PST
      CYBERBALLET
      A theatrical installation by the CyberRäuber transfering dance into Virtual Reality, teaching an artificial intelligence to move

SATURDAY, JUNE 6

SUNDAY, JUNE 6

edited June 5
    Here's the program with times in CET:

LIVE PROGRAM

Meet the artists, watch the VRHAMMY Award show, attend panels, watch events and performances of our virtual festival.
    Click here for information on the technical requirements, access to our channels and registration.

Please note that the times of events in the timetable are stated in CET.

TIMETABLE

• Thursday4. June 2020
      • 19:00 - 21:00

VRHAM! VIRTUAL OPENING

Join the opening of VRHAM! VIRTUAL live.

• 20:00 - 20:20

GUIDED CURATOR'S TOUR

Ulrich Schrauth, Artistic Director of the festival, gives an exclusive guided tour through this year’s exhibition program.

• 20:20 - 20:40

GUIDED CURATOR'S TOUR

Ulrich Schrauth, Artistic Director of the festival, gives an exclusive guided tour through this year’s exhibition program.

• 20:40 - 21:00

GUIDED CURATOR’S TOUR

• Friday5. June 2020
      • 16:00 - 16:30

SOCIAL OR DISTANCING: WHICH PERSPECTIVE IS VR ART TAKING?

Artists of this year’s program talk about what the current situation means for their work.

• 16:30 - 17:30

VR-TO-HEART WITH THE ARTISTS

Meet the artists exclusively at their artworks and enter into a direct dialogue with them about their work.

• 17:30 - 18:00

EMERGING XRTISTS

From the many exciting submissions, we selected a collective of students to present their works to an international audience.

• 19:00 - 19:45

COLOSSUS - ENCOUNTER NR. 3

Colossus is an immersive multi user experience by Mathieu Pradat.

• 20:00 - 20:45

CYBERBALLET

A theatrical installation by the CyberRäuber transfering dance into Virtual Reality, teaching an artificial intelligence to move.

• Saturday6. June 2020
      • 14:00 - 14:45

YOU WILL BECOME WHAT YOU EAT IN VR: MARTYR - A BLOODY DINNER PERFORMANCE

Virtual talk with Johan Knattrup Jensen, Mads Damsbo and Jakob la Cour.

• 18:00 - 19:30

VIRTUAL NOISE SHOWCASE

The Virtual Noise Showcase is a selection of the best XR projects currently in development.

• 20:00 - 23:00

UEBEL #SURVIVALMODE LIVESTREAM

Live DJ set by Uebel und Gefährlich

• Sunday7. June 2020
      • 11:00 - 12:00

LAVAMUSEUM - ONLINE VR ART MASTERCLASS

In this online masterclass we introduce you to VR art and show you during the opening of LAVAMUSEUM how to use VR as an artistic tool.

• 16:00 - 16:30

CAPTURED

Residency experience by Hanna Haaslahti

• 16:30 - 17:00

THE SMALLEST OF WORLDS - A SOCIAL LANDSCAPE OF COLLECTED PRIVACY

Residency experience by Joan Soler-Adillon, Uwe Brunner and Bettina Katja Lange

• 19:00 - 19:30

LET'S GET VIRTUAL! CHANCES AND LIMITS OF VIRTUAL FESTIVALS

We meet with XR festival makers and discuss the opportunities that lie in the current experiments in virtual implementation.

• 19:30 - 20:00

VRHAM! PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARD CEREMONY

See who wins this years VRHAM! Peoples Choice Award

• 20:00 - 21:00

LET’S VRHAM! TOGETHER

Live from our hub in Hamburg’s Oberhafenquartier we close VRHAM! VIRTUAL 2020 with a musical experiment with Liam Byrne and musicians of the PODIUM Festival.

edited June 5
    I'd love to participate, but the idio *cough!* the nice devs have just released a 21GB patch and with my slow connection no way I can get in 4 PM today CET. 

Lessons to learn - you get everything ready a month (or at least 2 weeks) before you start the show - you do not patch the Museum like this when the festval already has started. 2c. 

edited June 5

Got into the Museum today, it's really great - some German guide contacted me, but I chickened out politely, didn't really feel like talking to people inside the museum. Instead the museum can still be visited offline, and I checked out several of the new exhibits. Many were great, but too many used 360 degree VR videos - also explaining the massive 21GB patch. When using Index res 200% those vids look like some leftovers from early GearVR, lol - really looks like less than 640x480 res. They should just have used nice 2D vids - but admitted, then the VR part does not exist anymore. 

Seems like some DJ is playing in there right now - might check it out later - this DJ:

• ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 15,427 Valuable Player
    Wow. Didn't know this existed until I read this. Gonna check it out.

But yeah, lol @ the 10GB+ random patches. Sounds like a hoot.
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
    edited June 7
    Did have some fun, and I guess the vids or ok - in fact may look better with CV1 due to SDE fooling our brains to perceive a more high-res experience, all the LCD subpixels aren't helping in those low-res vids, lol.

I think the Icarus experience was the best so far - it's in one of rooms farthest away from the "Face the Art" entrance. (The room about gravity if I remember that correctly.) 

Might skip the online VR Art MasterClass this morning :blush: - at least being a total novice when it comes to making VR art (and I don't plan on changing that), and the last thing I'd like is to sit in the front row of the online class when the teaching starts, lol - but it's here too:

• morganavrmorganavr Posts: 11
    Brain Burst
    Looks trippy. I like it :)
    Admission seems to be free for the next 7 days  :)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/613900/Museum_of_Other_Realities/