cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stage Presence - Large crowd / festival sim

JonDadley
Honored Guest
STAGE PRESENCE IS NOW ON GREENLIGHT! VOTE FOR US HERE!

Stage Presence puts you and your band on stage at music festival in front of a huge crowd. Your bands equipment fails
and you have to use the only working microphone on stage to keep the crowd entertained. If they get bored of your "singing" they'll let you know by booing, shining lasers in your eyes and throwing bottles at you (some filled with urine). If you win them over they'll jump around, wave flags, cheer, let off fireworks and flares.

Tip: The audience will get bored if you keep singing at the same volume and the same notes. Keep varying your pitch and volume to keep them happy!
My VR projects - Stage Presence and LMD VR Projects I've contributed to The Matrix VR and Star Citizen Follow me on Twitter @JonDadley
16 REPLIES 16

CubicleNinjas
Protege
Looks beautiful! Can't wait to give it a try tonight. 🙂

JonDadley
Honored Guest
I've just updated the demo. Someone on Reddit pointed out that the scale of the game was completely off. I've fixed the scale issue now and the experience feels a lot better for it (it's surprising how much scale affects your perception of depth). I've also added native DK1 resolution options. I also made a few small efficiency changes.

If you downloaded the original version, please replace it with this version, it's a much better VR experience 🙂
My VR projects - Stage Presence and LMD VR Projects I've contributed to The Matrix VR and Star Citizen Follow me on Twitter @JonDadley

VegasGh0st
Honored Guest
EDIT: a re-download did the trick
This demo is alot of fun, even if its lacking "game" aspects. would love to see more updates.

Sound reactive demos are my favorite in the Rift so far, Such as
"Greebles" and "Space Dreams Visulizer" but these dont react to mic input.

Im really interested how you developed this, it looks great. Im pretty sure i know one of the assets you used.
Any chance of a tutorial? Please?

Also i say you keep updating this, maybe the ability to add your own tracks and record songs (Use VCRinput its free)
also maybe some cool visual overlys, (drop acid before you go on stage)
Thanks man keep up the good work.
Nothing is impossible, just time consuming.

JonDadley
Honored Guest
Thanks for the feedback 🙂

I'd be happy to do a few overviews or tutorials. It's was a large project to work on though, is there a specific area you'd like a tutorial on? It'd take me a while to do a write up for the entire project.

I'll be updating the project regularly and putting new links in my OP (as I did just have a few minutes ago - check out the new version!) Keep the thread bookmarked and check it regularly 🙂 I like the idea of adding the player being able to add their own tracks in a sort of 'karaoke' mode. It's something a few people have mentioned so I'm going to work on it and hopefully will have a new version of the game with that feature this week. I'm going to add a few other features like a difficulty menu and a 'free play' mode where the crowd don't react and constantly cheer the player.

Thanks again for the feedback and ideas!

Battler
Honored Guest
This is awesome! had great fun with this.
Namielus' Oculus Virtual Lounge:

JonDadley
Honored Guest
Thanks man! Glad people are enjoying it 🙂

I've just added a new version with a difficulty menu (some people were finding the game a bit too hard) as well as a 'karaoke mode' which removes the time attack and context of the bands equipment failing on stage. It gives you just the stage and the crowd and lets you sing for as long as you like. I'm going to develop this in the future to let people play their own songs in the background as well.

Whoopty
Honored Guest
Found this a lot of fun and it really does give you a sensation of being an on-stage badass.

What I'd love to see it combined with is a rhythm game like Frets on Fire. A Guitar Hero like game with a real crowd like that would be awesome.

JonDadley
Honored Guest
To coincide with Glastonbury and the festival season I've released a HUGE new update and a trailer! See the OP, really hope everyone enjoys it 😄 This will be the last update (apart from DK2 support) before I launch a mini-kickstarter to really polish the game up to a high standard. That'll be in a few months, keep an eye out 🙂

FlipReality
Honored Guest
Just came across your project and gave it a blast.
Good stuff. Will be keeping an eye on this one.

You might be interested in my music project.
It will allow DJs and band to perform live with their real equipment.