cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't pair Go with Moto G6 (Android 9)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Someone loaned me their Oculus Go. I can't pair it with my phone. I saw somewhere that you can't connect one Go with two accounts. Maybe that was the problem. Tried to do a factory reset on the headset but holding down the + & - volume didn't do anything. There was no menu. I turned the Go off but now it won't come back on. There are just three dots in the middle of the view. I've spent hours trying to get it to work. All I've managed to do is get on my Wifi. I did that without doing the Bluetooth first.

I guess I'll have to give it back dead unless someone can help me with this. Looks like a lot of people have had this problem but I don't see any solutions that worked for me.
1 REPLY 1

Crazy_Sane
Superstar
You would have to do a factory reset to connect it to a new account, but then you would delete all of your friends data. I wouldn't be too happy about that.

This is what you need to do:
Plug it into a charger
Hold down the power button for 10 secs
Ensure the device is now switched off
Hold down the power button for 3-4 seconds
Make sure the device boots up (takes 1 min)
Give the device back to your friend

You obviously don't know how to operate a Go, so you shouldn't be trying to muck around with changing accounts and factory resets on someone else's device. If you're gonna use it, just turn it on, connect it to wifi and play the games/ apps that are on it.