New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

** My First Test Drive And Thoughts On Automobilista 2 Beta VR! **

rVRclosetrVRcloset Posts: 383
Trinity
So, finally got time to try the AMS 2 Beta!

The Closet Sim Rig
Aourus Pro Z390 - i7 8086K 32GB Ram - MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio 11GB - Windows 10  / GT Omega WS - NLR V3 - RS6 - Jetseat kw-908 / Fanatec CSW 2.5 / Fanatec ClubSport V3 pedals / Fanatec SQ Shifter 1.5 / Fanatec CS HB V.1.5 / HE SQ Shifter / SHH Shifter / TH8A Shifter / G27 Shifter - Button Box / DSD Button Box / BBJ Button Box / Wind simulator / Rift - S

Comments

• MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,894 Valuable Player
    Seems like it's still in a very early state. 
    i7 6700k 2080ti   Rift-S, Index
  • MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,894 Valuable Player
    Just noticed your sig. I just ordered the cS Elite wheel and clubsport v3 pedals. 

I didn't go for the CSW 2.5 because I'm currently using a crappy Logitech Pro and I'm fine with that. I really wanted the Pedals so I figured I upgrade the Wheel too. 

I'm planning to desk mount it so the CS Elite is lighter and better for that. I may get a GT Omega wheelstand but I'm still debating that. I'm definitely going to get the shifter as soon as I decide on whether I'm going to go desk mount or wheel stand. 

I think sim racing is the best VR gaming there is. It's very hard but so rewarding when you're racing. It's just so intense. 
    i7 6700k 2080ti   Rift-S, Index
  • rVRclosetrVRcloset Posts: 383
    Trinity
    edited March 6
    MowTin said:
    Seems like it's still in a very early state. 
    Yes it's only in public beta 1, or actually they released a new build the other day I haven't tried yet, but from what I heard they have already made the ffb a lot better. :) 
    MowTin said:
    Just noticed your sig. I just ordered the cS Elite wheel and clubsport v3 pedals. 

I didn't go for the CSW 2.5 because I'm currently using a crappy Logitech Pro and I'm fine with that. I really wanted the Pedals so I figured I upgrade the Wheel too. 

I'm planning to desk mount it so the CS Elite is lighter and better for that. I may get a GT Omega wheelstand but I'm still debating that. I'm definitely going to get the shifter as soon as I decide on whether I'm going to go desk mount or wheel stand. 

I think sim racing is the best VR gaming there is. It's very hard but so rewarding when you're racing. It's just so intense. 
    Nice!!
    Yeah sim racing is awesome, almost feels like VR was made for it!!
    I used a GT Omega wheelstand for several years, I had it hard mounted to the walls though, not super sturdy.
    If you think you are staying in sim racing and have a dedicated room, I would strongly suggest to save up for a aluminum profile rig!
    I ordered a GT1 Evo black friday that I got earlier this year, and it's night and day, so rigid, and also really easy to customise or add stuff to it!
    The Closet Sim Rig
    Aourus Pro Z390 - i7 8086K 32GB Ram - MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio 11GB - Windows 10  / GT Omega WS - NLR V3 - RS6 - Jetseat kw-908 / Fanatec CSW 2.5 / Fanatec ClubSport V3 pedals / Fanatec SQ Shifter 1.5 / Fanatec CS HB V.1.5 / HE SQ Shifter / SHH Shifter / TH8A Shifter / G27 Shifter - Button Box / DSD Button Box / BBJ Button Box / Wind simulator / Rift - S
    Trinity
    Have gone back and changed some ffb settings, and now it actually feels really good!!  :)

The Closet Sim Rig
    Trinity
    Giving multiplayer a go with Ozz

The Closet Sim Rig
    Trinity
    Motion now works in AMS 2 Beta!!  :D

The Closet Sim Rig
    Trinity
    Shifter Karts!

The Closet Sim Rig