New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Will Roblox ever be added to store?

NarrowCat4NarrowCat4 Posts: 1
NerveGear
edited June 11 in Oculus Quest 2 and Quest
I was wondering if Roblox will ever be added to the quest store for download instead of needing a Pc because not everyone has a Computer that works with Oculus Link

Comments

• Helcop1Helcop1 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Its going to happen one day for sure, not anytime soon but it will. Roblox is making it so it can be played on any VR Set possible. But it will take time to make it possible, so not around this time, but in a couple of months or even a year.
  • TMTattyTMTatty Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    im really hoping it does happen!
  • AXpeg_pegXAAXpeg_pegXA Posts: 16
    Brain Burst
    i bought the oculus quest just for roblox. sadly it cant so i hope what you are saying is true helcop1. i guess the only way to find out is by waiting. 😭

• Dream_DemonDream_Demon Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    i bought the oculus quest just for roblox. sadly it cant so i hope what you are saying is true helcop1. i guess the only way to find out is by waiting. 😭

Thats not good. if you wanted roblox then you should have got a rift
  • LetsGoKidLetsGoKid Posts: 1
    NerveGear

Thats not good. if you wanted roblox then you should have got a rift
    I mean I bought a quest too and not only to play ROBLOX on it. I bought it to play more games like Rec Room. And there is a thing called Oculus Link you can use the normal cable to play Roblox to the PC.
    Brain Burst
    rift and oculus link are not an option as i have a mac and no pc, sadly oculus doesn't have mac support
    Brain Burst
    Helcop1 said:
    Its going to happen one day for sure, not anytime soon but it will. Roblox is making it so it can be played on any VR Set possible. But it will take time to make it possible, so not around this time, but in a couple of months or even a year.
    is this info from roblox and oculus themselves or is this what you think?
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 6,268 Volunteer Moderator
    I edited the title, since it sounded like a statement that the game was added to the store—felt a little like click-bait.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0
  • endersender365endersender365 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    nalex66 said:
    I edited the title, since it sounded like a statement that the game was added to the store—felt a little like click-bait.
    I mean, that's fair, but can you at least see if you can get Roblox on the quest?
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 6,268 Volunteer Moderator
    nalex66 said:
    I mean, that's fair, but can you at least see if you can get Roblox on the quest?
    I don't have any influence over that, I'm just a guy who helps keep the forum tidy.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0
    Brain Burst
    edited June 25
    nalex66 said:
    nalex66 said:
    I don't have any influence over that, I'm just a guy who helps keep the forum tidy.

But can’t you, as a volunteer like get someone with a higher ‘rank’ at oculus to look into this?
  • BuiIderbotBuiIderbot Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    just use oculus link. If you’re a mac user you can just use boot camp for windows 10. search up boot camp for Mac if you don’t know what it is I guess.
    Brain Burst
    just use oculus link. If you’re a mac user you can just use boot camp for windows 10. search up boot camp for Mac if you don’t know what it is I guess.
    True you can use bootcamp but if you want an updatable version of windows it costs allot
  • johnmarky7johnmarky7 Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    edited August 2
    Hi There! Can anyone tell me how to download roblox in PC/Laptop/Desktop. I am trying to download it from 3-4 days but its doesn't working. I also visited many official websites but still no one is working. I also visited this site, it looks like it is working. Can you please check and tell me is it working or not?
  • falken76falken76 Posts: 3,066 Valuable Player
    nalex66 said:
    nalex66 said:

But can’t you, as a volunteer like get someone with a higher ‘rank’ at oculus to look into this?

No he can't, your best bet would be going to Roblox themselves and asking.  Maybe they have a Discord, most developers do these days.
  • cindy1217cindy1217 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Hi there! Does anyone know if Oculus Quest and Roblox on iPad would be compatible? I can't find any concrete information regarding this anywhere else. Thank you!
    NerveGear
    Hi There! Many People were looking to download roblox in PC and I finally found a working method.

• Brarose19Brarose19 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Hi There! Many People were looking to download roblox in PC and I finally found a working method.

yes that's called getting the game from the Roblox website
    NerveGear
    Wonderful
  • SafetyWagonSafetyWagon Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Boys. . . It's going to take a LONG TIME and prob won't happen but. I will try to find out how to make the apk file for roblox to be able to be used on the quest , s t a n d a l o n e

Heads up don't tell me this isn't possible. I have been told that 75 times already.)
  • SkiloopskiSkiloopski Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Its not possible you would need access to roblox game services ( things that only roblox can access, no matter what you do, even if you hack, it will not be possible  unless you have access from roblox to the roblox game services and other web services.
  • DadeproDadepro Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Ive managed to run the roblox apk/mobile version on my quest but no luck u cannot select any of the options on the menu to play any games but this might be an oppurtunity to make a modifyed apk version of the roblox mobile client since i know roblox mobile can run in vr ( a bug happened but the turn vr mode option was in my pause menu )
  • cyclone018cyclone018 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    If you are seeing this DONT BUY QUEST 2 JUST TO PLAY ROBLOX VR (Unless if you have a VR ready pc) It is not possible at the moment and might not ever be possible. You can try sideloading an .apk from the Google Play Store but it doesn't work and caused a ton of problems for me. Ive had many problems at boot (Boot Loop) If you try it, continue at your own risk. Ive had no luck getting it to work nor do i want to factory reset for the 5th time.