cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CV1 cable

grove21
Protege
I have always been buying Oculus' products but most of them disappointed me. I tried Rift S and it was pretty broken and new controllers were cheap and tracking inferior. My IPD didn't fit, black colors were dull and overall it was pretty bad. Oculus quest was awfully working with pc. Both of them i don't have anymore. But what i still have? Right, CV1. It's good. It's just good. But i need a new god damn cable. I soldered it first time it broke and it still works great but i'm afraid it's going to break forever one day. And there's no way i can get a good cable when it happens. Oculus, i know you give 0 damn about people that buy your headsets, but if you want to still have at least some respect left please start manufacturing cables for CV1 again. CV1 has gone through ages and it's still my favourite headset to use. It's lightweight, controllers are extremely durable. Tracking is awesome. Get us some new cables for god's sake! Thank you.
3 REPLIES 3

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
I just bought a spare CV1, came with all cables but only the hmd. The cable may not be the only future problem to worry about, there're also the headphones, scratches/defect displays etc. Better safe than sorry 😉

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

grove21
Protege

RuneSR2 said:

I just bought a spare CV1, came with all cables but only the hmd. The cable may not be the only future problem to worry about, there're also the headphones, scratches/defect displays etc. Better safe than sorry 😉

Like i don't know that. My headphones stopped working 5 months ago. I had to buy audio jack extension. I think about rewiring default ones to extension so it looks neat. Scratches were never a problem for me. I used polywatch when my bud scratched lenses with glasses. Also i wish i could buy spare face cover because these leather ones from vrcover are total garbage. All in all facebook's quality is lower than my ankles. Rift S costs now up to 650 dollars for us. Garbage company.

Anonymous
Not applicable

grove21 said:

RuneSR2 said:

Like i don't know that. My headphones stopped working 5 months ago. I had to buy audio jack extension. I think about rewiring default ones to extension so it looks neat. Scratches were never a problem for me. I used polywatch when my bud scratched lenses with glasses. Also i wish i could buy spare face cover because these leather ones from vrcover are total garbage. All in all facebook's quality is lower than my ankles. Rift S costs now up to 650 dollars for us. Garbage company.

Good thing there are choices then.
Loving my Rift S, and my CV1 prior to that.