cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Oculus rift s is not working

MaskedLord
Honored Guest
When I use it, it will at random make a beep noise then the screen will go black followed by static I tried many different ways to try to fix it but none worked. the software doesn't crash, my computer is compatible , it just stops reading display and USB. It will go back online after awhile but playing games is difficult when this happens. If anyone can help I'll be extremely grateful
14 REPLIES 14

MaskedLord
Honored Guest
UPDATE it says my widows has trouble I identifying the USB but I have 3.0 so that shouldn't happen but it does

ohgrant
Superstar
 Great that you're certain your system is compatible, but more details about your specific PC is really needed before much help can be offered. Possibly someone with the exact same issue as you and a fix for it may result. 
 One thing I can offer is the fact that Oculus has been historically finicky with USB controllers. If you have an open PCIe slot, you will no doubt save yourself a lot of aggravation by picking up a Inateck   card and plug into that. 
Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.

Stac2y
Honored Guest
Needless to say, this issue can seriously get in the way of your fun.

MaskedLord
Honored Guest
It's an Alienware next gen VR compatible so the computer is built for vr

MaskedLord
Honored Guest
it worked fine for  3 months that's the strange thing

MaskedLord
Honored Guest
Update my computer will have this message "The last USB connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows does not reconise it." but i repug it in it will work for a little bit but then stop working again

FaCars
Explorer
maybe you have trouble with your usb 3.0 try to check is it function or not
myself use 3.1 gen1 port

Anonymous
Not applicable
Make sure power management is off for your USB ports.

bug_rogers
Honored Guest
Since software version 15 my Rift S has an issue that should be solved, as said in the release notes.
Before the update everything worked fine (not 100% fine but let's say 80), but now I become stuck in a
black screen on launch where audio and tracking is sometimes still functional. I could start a game and see it on my Flatscreen with headtracking but no touch. The rift screen stays black or just show 3 dots, like a loading screen.