New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Bad/Blurry graphics when looking far

syler1syler1 Posts: 4
NerveGear
Hey, I've got Oculus rift s a few days ago. 
Everything is good except the graphics, I've played some games like Vader immortal, The climb, Espire...

And all of them had one problem. When I look far, or at distant objects, the don't look as sharp as they should have been.

I want to note that I've got a good computer, gtx 1080, 16gb ram, i7 8700.
Drivers updated.

I run games without problem  like battlefield V, Red dead redemption 2...

Have anybody encountered the same problem?

Comments

• RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 4,891 Valuable Player
    edited March 22
    Try to increase super sampling using the Oculus Tray Tool. If you use 1.0, try 1.2.
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • syler1syler1 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    RuneSR2 said:
    Try to increase super sampling using the Oculus Tray Tool. If you use 1.0, try 1.2.
    What is that? How do I do it
  • KarstenS80KarstenS80 Posts: 91
    Hiro Protagonist
    With the current display rasolutions the sharpness is very limited, espezially for objects at a higher distance.
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 4,891 Valuable Player
    syler1 said:
    RuneSR2 said:
    What is that? How do I do it
    More info here:

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/47247/oculus-traytool-supersampling-profiles-hmd-disconnect-fixes-hopefully/p1

Increasing super sampling (ss) will greatly enhance sharpness and depth perception - like how far you can zoom out before for example some text on a wall becomes unreadable. But the price of ss is high - it can cost tons of gpu power. That said, some games allow for high ss levels with no problems, it'll differ at lot from game to game.
    In Oculus Tray Tool you can set a global value that will affect all games, or make a profile for just one game. Profiles override the global value. 
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 4,044 Valuable Player
    A limitation of the headset you are using unless you have the GPU headroom to super-sample greatly.

System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.