cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need the link headset cable to download games onto the headset or can it be done some other way

Noremac33
Honored Guest
Please help
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

As Nunyabinez says, Quest games and apps are installed on the Quest headset, they're the games that show up in the Quest's store while using that headset, no PC is required.

Then there are Rift games and apps, they show up in the Oculus PC app or on a Rift headset connected to the PC, those games are installed on the PC.

Quests can also connect to a PC and play Rift games that are installed on the PC, to do that, you need a Link capable cable.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Nunyabinez
Rising Star
I assume you are talking about the Quest. No, you download games wirelessly through the store on the headset itself. The link cable allows you to run apps on the computer and use the Quest as the display. The games you play using link are running on the computer and are not transferred to the headset itself. 

i7 8700, 16GB, RTX 2080 TI, Rift CV1 | i5 4690K, 16GB, GTX 1660 TI, Rift CV1 | Quest | Quest 2

As Nunyabinez says, Quest games and apps are installed on the Quest headset, they're the games that show up in the Quest's store while using that headset, no PC is required.

Then there are Rift games and apps, they show up in the Oculus PC app or on a Rift headset connected to the PC, those games are installed on the PC.

Quests can also connect to a PC and play Rift games that are installed on the PC, to do that, you need a Link capable cable.

Noremac33
Honored Guest
If I order the VR quest headset from amazon do I
get the same warranty as what oculus offer

An electronics device's warranty is provided by the manufacturer, in this case Oculus, regardless of whether it's been bought from Oculus or from an authorized dealer such as Amazon. The only Amazon warranties that I'm aware of are on Amazon branded goods such as their luggage.

Both Oculus and Amazon have a 30 day returns policy, if you've changed you mind or the goods aren't what you wanted for whatever reason, provided it hasn't been damaged by yourself. The difference being if bought from Amazon, you'd return to Amazon rather than to Oculus.