New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Do I need the link headset cable to download games onto the headset or can it be done some other way

Noremac33Noremac33 Posts: 2
NerveGear
Please help

Best Answer

Answers

• NunyabinezNunyabinez Posts: 44
    Brain Burst
    I assume you are talking about the Quest. No, you download games wirelessly through the store on the headset itself. The link cable allows you to run apps on the computer and use the Quest as the display. The games you play using link are running on the computer and are not transferred to the headset itself. 
    i7 8700, 16GB, RTX 2080 TI, Rift CV1 | i5 4690K, 16GB, GTX 1660 TI, Rift CV1 | Quest
  • Noremac33Noremac33 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    If I order the VR quest headset from amazon do I get the same warranty as what oculus offer
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 5,558 Volunteer Moderator
    edited March 24
    An electronics device's warranty is provided by the manufacturer, in this case Oculus, regardless of whether it's been bought from Oculus or from an authorized dealer such as Amazon. The only Amazon warranties that I'm aware of are on Amazon branded goods such as their luggage.

Both Oculus and Amazon have a 30 day returns policy, if you've changed you mind or the goods aren't what you wanted for whatever reason, provided it hasn't been damaged by yourself. The difference being if bought from Amazon, you'd return to Amazon rather than to Oculus.
    Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18363.719)