New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Quest / Go Build 15.0 Release Notes

Comments

• ShowbizDonkeyShowbizDonkey Posts: 243 Oculus Staff
    @KarstenS80 good feedback! If you haven't already, I'd recommend hopping over to our UserVoice channel and leaving these ideas there (ideas for these features may already exist, so it may be as simple as adding your vote to those existing ideas). Our product teams actively look at submissions there, so doing so will help us better gauge demand!
  • KarstenS80KarstenS80 Posts: 89
    Hiro Protagonist
    @KarstenS80 good feedback! If you haven't already, I'd recommend hopping over to our UserVoice channel and leaving these ideas there (ideas for these features may already exist, so it may be as simple as adding your vote to those existing ideas). Our product teams actively look at submissions there, so doing so will help us better gauge demand!
    Ok. Did it here: https://oculus.uservoice.com/forums/921937-oculus-quest/suggestions/40020838-please-add-a-similar-half-pass-through-and-pass

Please vote if you like my idea:

• Passthrough Shortcut - You can now enter Passthrough to see your real world surroundings at any time. Once you’ve enabled the feature, double tap the side of your headset to enter Passthrough. When you're finished, double tap again to return to VR.
    I'm currently crosstesting a Vive Cosmos.

There are 2 things about their pass through on demand that are very useful and which I would like to see in the Quest too in some ways.

1.) Half Pass through: The virtual view gets faded out a bit and the pass though image gets added to it.

2.) Other pass through modes: Beside the camera view the Cosmos offers a "green lines" mode. In this mode you don't see the camera image, but the borders of your RL environment.

I absolutely love this combination to sort myself in my room while playing Half-Life: Alyx.

Have made a picture to show:

The big rectangle is my TV with my Playstation camera. Under the TV is my lowboard with stuff. On the right side you see a shelf with other stuff.
    @gregor616 @ShawnQuest3 and anyone else who was unable to see the Passthrough Shortcut option while on v15 earlier: the team found that there was a slight hitch in the feature showing up for everyone and made a quick adjustment to correct it. If you give your headset another reboot or two, you should see it now. Let me know if you still have problems!
  • gregor616gregor616 Posts: 77
    Hiro Protagonist
    @gregor616 @ShawnQuest3 and anyone else who was unable to see the Passthrough Shortcut option while on v15 earlier: the team found that there was a slight hitch in the feature showing up for everyone and made a quick adjustment to correct it. If you give your headset another reboot or two, you should see it now. Let me know if you still have problems!
    I will give it a try shortly and let you know, thanks for the quick turnaround

Oculus Quest 
    AMD Ryzen 7 2700, GeForce RTX 2060 Super, 32GB, Asus B450 Motherboard
  • BuetigameBuetigame Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    edited March 25
    @ShowbizDonkey
    Sorry if I've overseen something or this has been asked before...
    But is it possible to configure the six "quick start" buttons (Apps) ? 
    They seem to be random.

Thanks in advance!
    Axel
  • okeyoneokeyone Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    Anyone know how to change apps in the Quick Start menu?
    Love the new UI.
  • Sofian75Sofian75 Posts: 61
    Hiro Protagonist
    So ,when is Oculus Link going to support full RGB range?
  • h.r.gargih.r.gargi Posts: 162
    Art3mis
    Buetigame said:
    @ShowbizDonkey
    Sorry if I've overseen something or this has been asked before...
    But is it possible to configure the six "quick start" buttons (Apps) ? 
    They seem to be random.

Thanks in advance!
    Axel
    Yes there seems to be no way to change the quick start apps. Would be cool if you can pin your own favorites here! 

The new menu style is awesome!

Only thing is: You can't get onto your friendslist directly. You always have to go to party and hopp over to the friendslist.
    German Oculus Quest / Go / Link Facebook Group ... join us
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/oculusquestgermany/
  • SkeatleBerrySkeatleBerry Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    As always, if you don't see one of the listed features after receiving a software update, you should give your headset a quick reboot or two. This can sometimes kick things into gear to make sure you're seeing all the new stuff. For those of you who have enabled the passthrough shortcut and can't seem to get it to work, I just want to be clear that you need to double tap the side of the headset, not a designated button. I personally recommend the using the right side of the headset. Please let me know if you're still having issues either seeing or using this feature after trying my recommendations.

i have updated to V15 and do not see passthrough plus, i have enable the new UI and disabled it and reboted many times its not there :(
  • gregor616gregor616 Posts: 77
    Hiro Protagonist
    Looking into it - thanks!
    After a couple more restarts it showed up Thanks again for listening and getting this addressed!
    Oculus Quest 
    AMD Ryzen 7 2700, GeForce RTX 2060 Super, 32GB, Asus B450 Motherboard
  • torsten.kraustorsten.kraus Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Is the MTP-Issue fixed that came with v14 / link-support?
    (Quest is not detected as MTP-device anymore.)
  • skfreakskfreak Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    My Oculus is dead since last update.
    First it was stuck in a black screen and now it is stuck on 3 dots loading and i can not “Finish Setup” in the app.

Can i update to 15 manually?

• alexander1949alexander1949 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    edited March 27
    Vader Immortal: Episodes 2 & 3 updates will not fully load. Still waiting for the ver.15 update.
    It took 3 attempts to update these apps which are now ok.
  • brayheimbrayheim Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    skfreak said:
    My Oculus is dead since last update.
    First it was stuck in a black screen and now it is stuck on 3 dots loading and i can not “Finish Setup” in the app.

Can i update to 15 manually?

Have you tried pressing and holding your power button for 45 seconds? 
  • pdhannemanpdhanneman Posts: 32
    Brain Burst

• Passthrough Shortcut - You can now enter Passthrough to see your real world surroundings at any time. Once you’ve enabled the feature, double tap the side of your headset to enter Passthrough. When you're finished, double tap again to return to VR.

There are 2 things about their pass through on demand that are very useful and which I would like to see in the Quest too in some ways.

1.) Half Pass through: The virtual view gets faded out a bit and the pass though image gets added to it.

2.) Other pass through modes: Beside the camera view the Cosmos offers a "green lines" mode. In this mode you don't see the camera image, but the borders of your RL environment.

I absolutely love this combination to sort myself in my room while playing Half-Life: Alyx.

The big rectangle is my TV with my Playstation camera. Under the TV is my lowboard with stuff. On the right side you see a shelf with other stuff.
    I also want this, and asked for some sort of passthrough fade control to develop AR-ish apps.  From what I understand one reason they haven't done this is because of privacy  concerns.   
    i7-8700K 3.7GHz Processor | Deepcool CAPTAIN 360EX WHITE RGB Liquid Cooler | ROG MAXIMUS X FORMULA Motherboard | G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB  DDR4-3200 Memory | FireCuda 2TB 7200RPM Hybrid HD | Barracuda 3TB 7200RPM HD | Barracuda 4TB 7200RPM HD | WD Black PCIe 256GB M.2-2280 SSD | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Video Card | Thermaltake - The Tower 900 Snow Edition Full Tower Case | EVGA SuperNOVA G2 1000W Power Supply | Two Divorces | One Bad Ass Credit Card Bill
    Hiro Protagonist

I also want this, and asked for some sort of passthrough fade control to develop AR-ish apps.  From what I understand one reason they haven't done this is because of privacy  concerns.   
    An API would not only touch privacy. It would also lead to different solutions for the same issue. An systemwide integration would always be better in many ways. Technical its just an overlay like the guardian. 
  • LIONELWOLFLIONELWOLF Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    how do i get it?
    NerveGear
    how do i get it?
    NerveGear
    edited March 26
    All of these features and enhancements will become available throughout the week of March 23, 2020.

Guardian

• Guardian setup has been updated with new animated instructional clips to help you create safer playspaces.
    Oculus Link
    • Test your connection
      • You can now test your connection during Oculus Link setup. During setup, clicking Test Cable will tell you:
        • Whether or not your connection is compatible
        • The available bandwidth
        • The connection type
      • You can access your Link setup at any time by selecting Quest and Touch from the Devices menu when your headset is hooked up to your PC.
        • Please note: This feature requires both your Quest headset and your PC software to be on software version 15 to work properly.
    • Fixes
      • Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the experience to become stuck in a black screen on launch where audio and tracking is still functional.
      • Link now detects your headphones and Mic separately. This means that if you run into any issues, you'll see more specific error messaging to help solve it.
      • Fixed an issue that impacted volume controls when certain connected devices were disabled.
      • Additional fixes and updates for stability and reliability. 
    Social
    • You can now remotely join a Party through party invitation notifications on the Oculus mobile app. Once you put on your headset, you’ll be able to confirm that you wish to join the party and immediately begin socializing in VR.
    • You’ll now be notified if you are joining a party which includes a user who you’ve blocked or who has blocked you.
      • If a user you’ve blocked is added to your party, they will automatically be muted for you by default.
    • Some pop-up dialog messages have been brought slightly closer to the user to improve design consistency.
    • Chats have received updated icons and labeling to improve consistency and clarity.
    System Software
    • In-VR notifications now have an updated look and are no longer head-locked.
    • A speech-to-text option has been added to the in-VR keyboard, allowing you to enter text via voice instead of typing. Please note that this feature is only available to a percentage of users at this time.
    Experimental Features
    • Redesigned Universal Menu - We've redesigned the universal menu to be more efficient and effective when navigating in VR. Highlights include:
      • Allowing you to access your universal menu without leaving the app you’re using, if the developer of the app has enabled this option
      • Surfacing your most used apps and experiences first
      • Putting system apps like Explore, Store, Browser, and TV in one central location
      • Adding "Quick Actions" to your settings panel for easy access to key system settings like volume and brightness
    • Multiple Window Support for Oculus Browser - Multitask to get more done and stay connected. Watch a video to crib gameplay tips in one window, check out your friends’ latest Facebook updates in another, and catch up on the day’s news in a third. You can open, close, and rearrange windows from a new control box above the window. Support for multiple windows will first come to Oculus Browser, with support for more 2D apps like Chats and Store coming later.
    Additional Bug Fixes
    • Fixed an intermittent bug that prevented all items from displaying in Storage Manager when more than 40 items were present
    • Fixed a Chats bug that would sometimes cause the ‘Start Chat’ button to move locations
    • Additional bug fixes and stability improvements
    how do i get it? i cant update its not there
  • dburnedburne Posts: 3,173 Valuable Player
    how do i get it?
    You have to wait like the rest of us. It is a gradual rolling update over the course of a few days.
    Still waiting here myself.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
    NerveGear
    dburne said:
    how do i get it?
    You have to wait like the rest of us. It is a gradual rolling update over the course of a few days.
    Still waiting here myself.
    ok now i know thanks
  • DeanONHDeanONH Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    Still waiting for 15.
    Hiro Protagonist
    I'm still on v14, but can see the switch for the new pass through mode. When I turn on and the double tap, I get the box with the help text too. Just the pass through I dont get with v14.
  • Supercharger6000Supercharger6000 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    All of these features and enhancements will become available throughout the week of March 23, 2020.
    So for some reason, I haven't been able to update my Quest but, I had the chance to yesterday(March 26th), and I checked, but I restarted my headset since there was a glitch going on in one of my games. So I did not update it. I've checked everyday this week to see if I got it, and after that chance I had, I've never had the chance to update. Is this normal?

• Decalt17Decalt17 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I have the pass-through shortcut option, I've turned it on but it's not working for me :( I've tried many different variations of double tapping the side of the headset, fast, slow, light, hard, nothing does anything. Any clues?
  • DeadausDeadaus Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    Decalt17 said:
    I have the pass-through shortcut option, I've turned it on but it's not working for me :( I've tried many different variations of double tapping the side of the headset, fast, slow, light, hard, nothing does anything. Any clues?

I have the same issue. Does not work for me.
    Hey folks - jumping in to provide a quick update on the v15 rollout. The team discovered a couple bugs during the rollout that has caused a slight delay in getting it out to everyone. We're currently working to get fixes in and get those fixes tested. As soon as everything looks good again, we'll resume the rollout. I'll be sure to provide another update early next week. As always, thanks for your patience!
  • toonrontoonron Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I must admit I'm saddened to hear that they rollout has been delayed. The fix for the black screen when it's still actually running in the background and the passthrough cam feature are going to make a big difference for me and I've been checking multiple times a day to see if the update came through!! :(
  • drajen1drajen1 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I received the update for version 15, I saw the feature for Passthrough +, I enabled it in Experimental Features, and it just disappeared; has this happened to anyone else?  I came here thinking they removed it from Experiments. Looks like that is not the case.
  • dburnedburne Posts: 3,173 Valuable Player

Yeah still waiting on 15 here as well, now looking like next week sometime...
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |