New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Sanitizing Oculus device

devdatta.puntambekardevdatta.puntambekar Posts: 2
NerveGear
Hi All,
With Covid-19( Coronavirus), how do you plan to sanitize your oculus device in future , especially when there would be multiple users using the same device whether it is at Development in your studio, or playing at a Entertainment center?

Comments

• Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,951 Valuable Player
    You could go to extremes and buy individual faceplates.

Or you use the white hygienic disposable masks.

And you use wipes for the lenses and controllers.

Other than individual headsets i can't think of much more you can do?  I can imagine this, even post Covid-19 could put a lot of people off sharing HMDs.
  • OmegaM4NOmegaM4N Posts: 681
    Neo
    Hi All,
    With Covid-19( Coronavirus), how do you plan to sanitize your oculus device in future , especially when there would be multiple users using the same device whether it is at Development in your studio, or playing at a Entertainment center?

I think it would be more prudent to not have mutiple users sharing a device at this point because these are extreme times and i think caution is the only way to stay safe and not help encourage the spread of this virus and keep everyone safe.

OmegaM4N said:
    Hi All,

I think it would be more prudent to not have mutiple users sharing a device at this point because these are extreme times and i think caution is the only way to stay safe and not help encourage the spread of this virus and keep everyone safe.

Agree with what you say @OmegaM4N but he does say in future and i do believe this could hit future markets and may also make everybody more aware of hygiene - which isn't a bad thing of course.
  • devdatta.puntambekardevdatta.puntambekar Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    OmegaM4N said:
    Hi All,

Agree with what you say @OmegaM4N but he does say in future and i do believe this could hit future markets and may also make everybody more aware of hygiene - which isn't a bad thing of course.

Right, how do we deal this in future. As you mentioned hygienic disposable masks and wiping controllers is one option. Its just not about us, but also how Oculus plans to overcome this situation, as institutional sales would be hampered.

OmegaM4N said:
    Hi All,

Right, how do we deal this in future. As you mentioned hygienic disposable masks and wiping controllers is one option. Its just not about us, but also how Oculus plans to overcome this situation, as institutional sales would be hampered.

Really not sure.  It's something that should be addressed by Oculus i suppose, at Oculus Connect.

Good topic!
  • NunyabinezNunyabinez Posts: 44
    Brain Burst
    I got a rubber face cover and matching rubber grips for the controllers. I use alcohol wipes to clean between. For my Rifts I am luncky enough to have a 3-D printer so I printed a couple of face plates and got leather face pads that can also be cleaned with alcohol. A plus is it has a nose flap to block out more light.

I think if you are worried about someone having the virus, they shouldn't be in your house. If they made it that far, you might as well share your headset. I couldn't stand putting on my Rift with the original face plate after my son had sweat all over it playing beat saber. This was long before Covid-19. Sweat is just gross, at least someone else's.

i7 8700, 16GB, RTX 2080 TI, Rift CV1 | i5 4690K, 16GB, GTX 1660 TI, Rift CV1 | Quest