New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

"Oculus quest system driver has stopped"

Pandahumper808Pandahumper808 Posts: 1
NerveGear
edited March 28 in Oculus Quest
 My oculus quest was working perfectly fine last night zero issues, put it in its normal spot plugged in. I just got back home from work, unplug my quest and normal boot up. But as soon as I look around(haven't passed the guardian setup)the surroundings freeze and "oculus system driver has stopped" pops up. I've restarted my quest many times, in hopes that this is just a tracking error but I'm not sure what's the problem. If anyone else has had this issue please reach out 🙏 

Comments

• puppy1162puppy1162 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I ran into the same problem. Usually I sit down so did not have that problem. It's when I tried to do room scale I ran into the same problem. I don't know if it has to do with update 14 or what. I'll keep an ear out if I find something I'll write it out for you.
  • puppy1162puppy1162 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Never mind what I said. They just rolled out update 15. Apparently they redid the Sentury boundary. This is probably why you're having problems also.
  • denis.howedenis.howe Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    I have v15 and it still happens to me.  It seems to happen if I start outside my previous guardian boundary.
  • HukiloungeHukilounge Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    We are experiencing the same/similar issues recently as well. (Would like to roll back whatever update caused that issue.)
    NerveGear
    It was fine playing Star Trek Bridge Crew with a stationary boundary.  But whenever I try to redefine my roomscale boundary, it crashes and I have to restart the Quest.  About six times this evening.  I even tried doing a factory reset.  Let's hope there's a v16 soon.

NerveGear
    Mirrors!  I was facing a cupboard with glass doors while trying to set the roomscale boundary.  As long as I don't look at it while setting the boundary, everything's fine.  It actually makes sense - setting a roomscale boundary is about the only time the Quest is using the cameras for anything other than tracking the controllers.  Thank you Mark for suggesting this.

• CrystalDragonGoddessCrystalDragonGoddess Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Have anyone figured out this issue?? This happened before and I factory reset. Everything worked after that, but the only problem is, on all my games, I lost all my saved work and had to start all over from the beginning. I really don’t want to go through the same thing. There has to be another way.. If the oculus would just stop doing updates, there wouldn’t be an problem. I liked it just the way it was. 
  • SwassGlassSwassGlass Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I am also getting a crash at the boundary setup. I got it 4 times and decided to do a factory reset, but same issue. I can now not use my Quest at all. 

I tried doing stationary only and it still crashed. 
    NerveGear
    @CrystalDragonGoddess @SwassGlass Can either of you see any reflective surfaces in the place where you are trying to set your roomscale guardian boundary?  My theory is that it is reflections that crash the boundary set-up code.  A friend had trouble with a large mirror, for me it was cupboards with glass doors but I guess it could be anything reflective, maybe even windows.  The solution for me was just to not look at the cupboard while creating the boundary.
  • jdcjdc1993jdcjdc1993 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    what ended up working for me as a temporary way to setup the guardian/roomscale was to set it up in low light conditions. once I turned on my room lights, the system would start crashing if I was trying to set up a new guardian.
  • SwassGlassSwassGlass Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited April 5
    I tried in a different room this morning and it worked fine. I should have tried a different room last night I guess? I will try the problem room later to see if it is still broken there. But no, no mirrors or Windows 

• aranelaaranela Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Mirrors!  I was facing a cupboard with glass doors while trying to set the roomscale boundary.  As long as I don't look at it while setting the boundary, everything's fine.  It actually makes sense - setting a roomscale boundary is about the only time the Quest is using the cameras for anything other than tracking the controllers.  Thank you Mark for suggesting this.

Origially I thought this as well. I covered up the mirror and even made sure I was facing away from it when I set up, and it still kept crashing. 

• wuzpwuzp Posts: 340
    Trinity
    I discovered that if I just "do it" as quickly as possible, and then click "Confirm," that everything works.  It's only if I take too long that the Langoliers strike :)
  • Jame1sJame1s Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I'm having trouble with the straps on my Oculus Quest.
  • dburnedburne Posts: 3,758 Valuable Player
    Jame1s said:
    I'm having trouble with the straps on my Oculus Quest.
    That is interesting.
    As I doubt it is related to the topic of this thread, you may want to start a new thread with more detail on the trouble you are having with the straps - that is if you are asking for any help...
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • matt.worleymatt.worley Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I contacted support about the guardian issue, they were no help. After 2 rounds of questions and trouble shooting they asked me to do all the things I already had done once I noticed the issue. I'm a guy that can troubleshoot. This issue sucks since I don't always use my quest in the same place. 
  • MadMax1998MadMax1998 Posts: 71
    Hiro Protagonist
    Just chiming in here to say I had this problem too on update 15. Quest decided to forget my room's Guardian for no reason and asked me to redo it, but then crashed immediately. Turning the lights down and looking at the floor while quickly drawing the lines allowed me to redo the Guardian, but spending more than 30 seconds or so in passthrough mode crashes the system driver too. I really REALLY wish Oculus would test their updates more before rolling them out!
  • ndhanwadandhanwada Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    same here get the message driver keeps stopping and have to reboot each and every time no success...keeps it alive with a stationery boundary for sometime but then once you change to room scale driver keeps crashing on the oculus quest 
  • Bestbudz4lifeBestbudz4life Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I was having problems with the passthrough activate by its self then the driver stopped. I disabled the passthrough and no problem since that's v15
    Hiro Protagonist
    Has anyone tried with update 16? I haven't got the update yet.
    Trinity
    Another way of causing the guardian to crash is to slowly, and deliberately, keep poking your head outside of "the walls," in such a manner as to cause passthrough to activate/deactivate.
  • RossTrex1RossTrex1 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited April 19
    I have the same problem this morning.  Oculus Quest worked fine then when I noticed that the floor was wrong this morning I tried to reset my room boundary and now I cannot draw a room scale boundary without my Quest crashing. 

OK just on with chat support and it was crashing in one corner.  The area had several flats of reflective water bottles and Gallon shiny water bottles in that corner.  I moved/covered up the water bottles per Oculus support and it is working.  So reflective surfaces appear to be some new issue.  The reason I assume new issue is that the water bottles have been in that corner of the room longer than I have had the Oculus and that is my main room to use my Oculus.

So bottom line where the room draw crashes may be where the shiny thing is that is causing the crash.
    Trinity
    RossTrex1 said:

OK just on with chat support and it was crashing in one corner.  The area had several flats of reflective water bottles and Gallon shiny water bottles in that corner.  I moved/covered up the water bottles per Oculus support and it is working.  So reflective surfaces appear to be some new issue.  The reason I assume new issue is that the water bottles have been in that corner of the room longer than I have had the Oculus and that is my main room to use my Oculus.

So bottom line where the room draw crashes may be where the shiny thing is that is causing the crash.
    Hmmm, I have "daylight" LED bulbs in my apartment.  And in passthrough, they do tend to washout the room image...
  • daolothdaoloth Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Been seeing this crash error too.

In my case it might have been a couple of bright blue LEDs on my PC that was causing the issue. I've put a sticky label over them to tone things done and that seems to have helped.

Hiro Protagonist
    I'm on update 16 now and just had to redraw my Guardian because it shifted the floor height and rotated itself by a few degrees (?). I took my sweet time setting up the new one and no crashes. Room and lighting is always the same. Seems to be fixed in update 16
    Trinity
    I'm on update 16 now and just had to redraw my Guardian because it shifted the floor height and rotated itself by a few degrees (?). I took my sweet time setting up the new one and no crashes. Room and lighting is always the same. Seems to be fixed in update 16
    Ditto, except that in the middle of redrawing the boundaries, I was interrupted by a Duo video call that lasted 48 minutes.  When I put the headset back on, it picked right back up from where I left it... and STILL didn't crash!
     B)