cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link "Test Cable" stuck

jrrrrr
Explorer
I've been using Oculus Link successfully, but out of curiosity I tried the "Test Cable" feature, and it's been stuck on "Calculating..." for over an hour.

Has anyone seen it succeed?

Oculus Desktop 15.0.0.161.456
Headset version (reported via mobile app) 555180.17340.0
Quest software version (reported via Oculus Desktop) 204361943

I'm using the 10' Anker cable.
6 REPLIES 6

gazzam
Honored Guest
I cant even see the TEST CABLE Option m8. since ver 14 update i get a black screen.  i have the Anker cable also. i see my headset in devices and all is green but no pic from pc? thay say the test cable option is on the device section and select 'oculus touch and go' but there is no 'Test Cable @ option there for me.

gazzam
Honored Guest
oh im on ver 15 of quest software also

Umpa_PC
Rising Star
have you read this, the first thread - the bit at the top.
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/87642/quest-go-build-15-0-release-notes/p1
Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.

jrrrrr
Explorer
@Umpa_PC are you suggesting that I'm encountering one of the rollout-stopping bugs?

That could certainly be the case. I don't know if they've disclosed what the particular bugs are.

Still, I'm interested to hear if anyone has seen "Test Cable" finish successfully.

Umpa_PC
Rising Star

jrrrrr said:

@Umpa_PC are you suggesting that I'm encountering one of the rollout-stopping bugs?

That could certainly be the case. I don't know if they've disclosed what the particular bugs are.

Still, I'm interested to hear if anyone has seen "Test Cable" finish successfully.

Yes, I would imagine thats whats happening.  FWIW I don't even see the test cable option.  If I do I will be sure to post my results.
Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.

jrrrrr
Explorer
Conclusion!

@Umpa_PC was right. After getting the second 15.x update to both the Quest and Oculus Desktop, "Test Cable" now works.
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?