cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Severe Poor Performance (low FPS, tearing etc) - All of a sudden!!

Brasso1985
Honored Guest

Hi,

Starting around midweek last week (25/03 maybe) I started to have really poor performance when using my Rift S. Low FPS, stuttering, tearing etc. This didn't happen previously and I got overall excellent performance in almost all games at all times. It makes me feel very sick and I notice that it's much worse in the headset than the spectator view on the PC monitor, although it's noticeable there also.

I recently purchased Alyx and that also performed great but now it's terrible.

I've attached my system setup and it's more than capable for VR and as I said it was fine previously. In addition it's fine with non VR games, I am also playing Doom Eternal with all settings maxed out at ~120fps with no issues at all.

Do you have any ideas on this as I'm starting to suspect the headset has a fault to be honest. Even when not moving within a game the fps is incredibly volatile.

I've tried what I could consider a lot of the basic stuff already including...

• Reinstalling Oculus software
  • Reinstalling GForce Drivers/Experience
  • Adjusting all the settings I can in games and on the device
  • Checking all cabling and trying new ports 

My PC Specs are below and please forgive me as I'm fairly new to VR but to be honest it just worked great out of the box prior to this! I also notice every so often I keep getting 'Display port error' when restarting my PC or waking up from time to time. 

Any help would be appreciated as the headset is useless at the moment and I'm considering sending it back!

wnyvkabp84wa.png

Kind regards

Shaun

3 REPLIES 3

tims
Honored Guest
Did you ever figure this out? Having the same issues. Have spent hours reinstalling Oculus, the game, drivers, etc. etc. Games that ran beautifully a few weeks ago now occasionally stutter to a crawl with bad tearing. I've not changed anything to my knowledge. It's driving me crazy. 

tims
Honored Guest
If anybody else has any suggestions I'm all ears. This is driving me crazy. 

h.r.gargi
Heroic Explorer
Maybe an update from Microsoft. Had this and troubles with my USB. There were optional USB driver Updates. I installed both (there were one USB and USB Hub).
Meta Facebook Community Accelerator 2022 winner
Facebook Community Partner
Founder of the Meta Quest VR Familie - The largest German Facebook Group for VR and Metaverse
https://www.facebook.com/groups/oculusvrgermany/