cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLZ FACEBOOK PLZ

StormyDoesVR
Heroic Explorer
Ok, I'm making this post to bring attention to this issue.

you guys have been considering options on rift parts for OVER A YEAR.

We know, Spectra7 has a big licensing woohoo over the active chip in the cable. We know the RiftS is great.
But I'm in college! I can't afford a new headset, I've had this one since 2016, pre Touch! I'm two years out of warranty, and just NOW
my cable is starting to flake out on me! Please, consider your options faster, Facebook! Im a college student who uses his headset daily
for school projects and development work, I need that cable so badly! Please work something out! This headset is treasure to me, 
I don't want to have to stop using it because a small cable broke! Please hurry!
------------------------------
PC specs - GTX 1070 (MSI AERO); 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3; intel i5-4590, MSI motherboard (don't remember but it was a combo deal) and an EVGA Supernova 750W semi-modular.
4 REPLIES 4

Umpa_PC
Rising Star
I'm in the same boat with my original iPad.  No new software works with it, they have slowed it down because they are worried about the battery (I'm not), and half of the websites don't render properly.  Looks mint like the day I got it.
What can you do eh!
Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.

StormyDoesVR
Heroic Explorer
I just don't get it, it's just a cable! It's like if your Ipad's charging cable broke, but the ipad still worked totally fine! You just couldn't charge it, and Apple stopped selling cables and no third-party ones existed! My headset works totally fine, but the cable is kinked and goes in and out! If I just had a new cable, the headset would be totally fine, but Oculus won't sell me one!
PC specs - GTX 1070 (MSI AERO); 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3; intel i5-4590, MSI motherboard (don't remember but it was a combo deal) and an EVGA Supernova 750W semi-modular.

Umpa_PC
Rising Star

I just don't get it, it's just a cable! It's like if your Ipad's charging cable broke, but the ipad still worked totally fine! You just couldn't charge it, and Apple stopped selling cables and no third-party ones existed! My headset works totally fine, but the cable is kinked and goes in and out! If I just had a new cable, the headset would be totally fine, but Oculus won't sell me one!

Yep I feel ya pain bro!  Its called product abandonment and planned obsolescence. Apple are one of the biggest sinners too.  It will only be a matter of time before Quest and Rift S are fazed out too - I reckon 3 years is all you will get before its game over.   Before they do I intend to buy a new cable for my Rift S.
Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.

StormyDoesVR
Heroic Explorer
Yeah, I'm waiting til my financial stuff is more concrete but after that if the refurbished Rift CV1's are still available I might just buy one. Having an extra headset, while a waste of money, might not actually be that bad an idea.