cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Link perfomance much worse sincel last update?

TomBomb_FR
Explorer
Hi,
So, like many people I recently got a VR headset so that I could play a certain game... I got an Oculus Quest 128GB (it was the only one available at the time) and since it's impossible to get the Link official cable it seems, I got a third party one... and to be fair, it was working really well! I had maybe a crash or a freeze here and there, but most of time, it worked amazingly well!

And then, a few days ago there was an update (Oculus app version 15?), and since then, everything went downhill. Games sometimes work OK, but as soon as there is a notification, everything stutters for a few seconds. I've experienced crashes and bugs where everything seems to still be running but the screen is all black. Basically, where before the update it was not perfect, but close to it, since the update games in Oculus Link are barely playable...

Anyone else got this experience?

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

Strongit
Heroic Explorer
I'm having similar problems.  Everything was working perfectly for me until the v15 update, now I get framerate drops constantly in all my VR titles;  every few minutes it just drops down to around 30 fps.  I suspected it was either the game or steamvr at first but the same thing happens in oculus home.  I ran some 2d benchmarks and don't have any issues there so it's not a hardware or video driver issue.

I've tried turning details down to the minimum, limiting the framerate in the GeForce panel to 72hz to match the headset and turning down the resolution in steamvr to match the quest.

Specs:
i5-8600k
16 GB RAM
1080 ti

Edit: I tried playing standalone quest games and am having the same issue. I'm going to submit a support ticket.
Quest 1, i5-8600K at 4.7 GHz, eVGA 1080 ti FTW3, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming, 16 GB 3200 MHz

TomBomb_FR
Explorer
Thanks for sharing. Looking at other posts it seems it's a widespread issue. Best wait for the next update, then. Hopefully they fix things...

OneJackReacher
Honored Guest
I wish if there was an option to downgrade back to v14 😞 

Mr_PoOL
Protege
Im on version 16 PTC on PC  and it's not fixed. I get spikes every like 5 seconds with enough headroom on my system. 7700k 2070s and 16gb.
Turned everything off in the background, disabled my overclocks, disabled XMP profile, turned settings ingame to low, lowered steamvr resolution, used the OTT presets, set OVR to above normal priority, running games on the monitor in windowed mode. Running oculus and steamvr in homeless mode. Reinstalled oculus software, reset my quest to factory settings, got steamvr beta, tried PTC and Non PTC versions of the app.
Everything is updated. I wish i still had my rift s to test with that and see if it's any better.
I wish i could tell you for sure it's link.