New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

I cant get the display in the headset to work

PurpleNeonPurpleNeon Posts: 3
NerveGear
edited April 8 in Support
I've had my oculus rift s for about a month or two now and I haven't had any issues until today. I was in the middle of a game and the screen just went black, but audio was still going through. I restarted my pc, the headset worked for a bit but then went black again. I then got a notification from AMD saying, "the system has detected a link failure and cannot set the requested resolution and refresh rate". I have tried to update my drivers. both for my gpu and as well as my oculus. At this point I dont really know what to do and have tried everything I can think of. Ill add that oculus says that both the display port and usb are connected

Comments

• PurpleNeonPurpleNeon Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Heres the full notification

• OculusSupportOculusSupport Posts: 895 Oculus Staff
    Hey @PurpleNeon, I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your Rift S. If you haven't already, please try removing and re-connecting the headset cable from the headset. You'll need to remove the facial interface to access the cable on the headset side. While you have it removed, please check to see if there is any damage on the connectors. I also recommend you try different USB 3.0 ports and DisplayPorts if possible. If you need more help then please contact support here with your Oculus Diagnostic logs. Thanks! -Rick
  • CraftMaster343CraftMaster343 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    please please please... have you found the fix ???
  • chewioXDchewioXD Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    anyone found the fix for this yet?
  • LaxsterOLaxsterO Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I have the same issue... downgrading all sorts of drivers didnt help.
  • NWGJulianNWGJulian Posts: 12
    NerveGear
  • PurpleNeonPurpleNeon Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Its been quite some time and I still have yet to even get a fix. My assumption is that its because of AMDs absolutely terrible drivers so I'm eventually just gonna get a 2060 and see if that fixes it as neither oculus support or AMD support was able to help. AMD basically just kept telling me to try it in a different system which I obviously cant do as I dont constantly have access to a bunch of different pc parts.