cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuttering/Hitching in Games While Oculus Software is Running

Anonymous
Not applicable
As the title says, I am getting stuttering/hitching while playing Elite: Dangerous both in VR and out of VR. The stuttering/hitching only occurs while I have the Oculus software running, without the software running there is no hitching. Has anyone experienced this/solved this issue?

Specs:
RTX 2070 (GDDR6 8GB)
i7 9700 (not K)
16 GB of DDR4 1330
500GB NVMe (Oculus instillation)
1TB SSD (Elite installation)
3TB HDD
4 REPLIES 4

FrontierSupport
Adventurer
Hi there,

Is this a new issue or has it always occurred when playing Elite Dangerous? Is it only in Elite that you see this behaviour, or other VR games too?

Inconsistent framerates in VR are usually hard to diagnose as they're often the result of a domino effect of minor issues. If the problem is occurring in multiple apps, we have a better chance of working out the culprit.

CMDR Delta
Frontier Support Team

Anonymous
Not applicable
This issue has been present for 3-4 months and it only occurs with Elite. This issue only happens when the Oculus software is running and happens both in VR and out of VR on my flat monitor. Elite running and Oculus running at the same time causes my game to stutter/hitch.

Colinj_03
Honored Guest
I am having a lot of issues trying to run steam VR with oculus link and I can’t find a definitive answer.  When I use steam be with my quest the games are nowhere close to playable, yet when I use games offbeat the oculus app they run perfectly.  I’m trying to play Alyx and just like other steam VR games it is not working at all.  I know my hardware is not the problem and I have all my drivers updated

FrontierSupport
Adventurer
Hey Cannon.
We'd be happy to look at this in more detail if you'd like to raise a support ticket with us?
https://support.frontier.co.uk/topic.php
-Luna