New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Gamepads for Go

Voyager34Voyager34 Posts: 3
NerveGear
Which gamepads can I use with Go? It says Bluetooth ones so wireless I prresume? I have a Xbox One controller would that work?
Thanks

Answers

• billywagnerbillywagner Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    I'm using Xbox One BT controller and it works well.
  • wuzpwuzp Posts: 226
    Nexus 6
    edited April 17

SteelSeries Stratus XL, Bluetooth Wireless Gaming Controller for Windows + Android, Samsung Gear VR, HTC Vive, and Oculus

About $40 from Amazon.  Been using mine for awhile.  MAKE SURE you get the "Android" version.

• Voyager34Voyager34 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Great, thanks guys. Will probably go for the Stratus XL.
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 2,158 Valuable Player
    Ya, that looks pretty good, especially if it allows you to easily remap things.  To bad Amazon tells me these don’t currently ship to Australia.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti, 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/controllers, Quest w/Link and VD wireless (good/close 5Ghz wifi and PC with Ethernet cable to my Router).

• Voyager34Voyager34 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Yes, though it's not in stock on Amazon uk either. I don't want to shell out for a Xbox One S gamepad, I've got the Xbox one already not the S though and the Stratus will work with regular PC games as well.

Voyager34 said:
    Yes, though it's not in stock on Amazon uk either. I don't want to shell out for a Xbox One S gamepad, I've got the Xbox one already not the S though and the Stratus will work with regular PC games as well.

Sorry but I thought the 'S' model was wired, not bluetooth like my xbox one.  Actually, after doing a bit of research it appears that the xbox controllers are much more durable.  Sounds like the Stratus XL trigger buttons wear out fairly quickly.  I've had my xbox one wireless for a few years now and it is very bulletproof imho.  Both are priced about the same in Australia (aud$80-100).

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti, 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/controllers, Quest w/Link and VD wireless (good/close 5Ghz wifi and PC with Ethernet cable to my Router).

• DilipDilip Posts: 256
    Nexus 6
    What is cheapest controller that is supported by Go for 1) Overflight 2)End space 3)Along togather 4) Hero bound. I am looking for controller that support all four games and need to be most inexpensive. Can some one guide please. 
    Dilip said:
    What is cheapest controller that is supported by Go for 1) Overflight 2)End space 3)Along togather 4) Hero bound. I am looking for controller that support all four games and need to be most inexpensive. Can some one guide please. 
    If you cannot afford a Xbox one wireless controller, just use your Oculus controller for now.  Works pretty well once you get used to it imho.

• DilipDilip Posts: 256
    Nexus 6
    XBOX one wireless controller in my country is crazy expensive. USD 66.
    Dilip said:
    XBOX one wireless controller in my country is crazy expensive. USD 66.
    Well worth it imho.  You kinda get what you pay for mate.