cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDMI Keeps disconnecting and freezing the RIft

Evetsdar
Honored Guest
This has been happening for about a month. I'm using a CV1. The rift will stay on for about 10 min, and then it freezes up. When it freezes up the software tells me the HDMI isn't connected, all my bluetooth devices get disconnected and have to reconnect. Then the rift will reconnect without me having done anything, and this just repeats. Every 10 -15 min, even if the oculus isn't being used, it will disconnect and reconnect, freezing out my bluetooth. It unpairs my xbox one controller every time it happens. I just got a new USB dongle, so it's not that.  I have tried swapping out the extension HDMI cable I'm using, didn't fix it. I got an HDMI to displayport adapter, didn't fix it. Uninstalled and reinstalled the Oculus software, didn't fix it. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2

Legendarybob13
Explorer
Are you using the correct software for your device if you are using CV1 you should not use the Rift S software. You have to use the Rift software... Is this a steam game? You may need revive. Other than this it may be an issue with the HDMI port or the headset...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you using the correct software for your device if you are using CV1 you should not use the Rift S software. You have to use the Rift software... Is this a steam game? You may need revive. Other than this it may be an issue with the HDMI port or the headset...

Say what? Rift software is unified, same version for CV1 and Rift S.
I would suggest the OP start a support ticket.