cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to fix my controller?

Anonymous
Not applicable
My quest has been great, but my right controller seems to be frozen in place. It can track rotation and button presses, but not movement. I have had my fair share of chucking my controller across the room because I forgot to put the strap on, and it has a pretty major crack in it. Is there any way I could restore the tracking of my controller?
1 REPLY 1

kojack
MVP
MVP
Have a look at your controller using a mobile camera. It should look like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4zhaQrcU3A
Those purple lights are invisible to the human eye. They are used for position tracking. If they fail, the controller will use just inertial tracking (accelerometer, gyroscope), which would let it rotate but not move.

If there's a crack in the tracking ring, it may have broken the connection for the lights, which would make it do exactly what your symptoms are.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2