cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Link - "Oculus has detected a problem with your graphics driver" - fix

Fumezombie
Protege
This is for future reference for those that may come across the same issue.
I have been using Oculus Link for some time and, apart from its inherent flakiness, had no real issues - until yesterday, when I suddenly started getting a black screen in the headset when connecting to my PC. There was also the following warning on the PC Oculus app: "Oculus has detected a problem with your graphics driver".
Further online investigation suggested this issue has occurred in the past, but related to the Rift. Removing a legacy amd vulkan file (usually in C:\WINDOWS\System32\amd-vulkan64.json) is a common solution. However, I had no such file in my system, but I tracked down the similarly named obs-vulkan64.json in C:\ProgramData\obs-studio-hook. I found that removing this, along with graphics-hook64.dll, fixed the issue (I also removed obs-vulkan64.json and graphics-hook32.dll for good measure). I can now use Oculus Link again!. I have a feeling these files have just appeared on my PC as they have very recent date-stamps. 
Hope this helps future sufferers!
3 REPLIES 3

Ceppy82
Honored Guest

However, I had no such file in my system, but I tracked down the similarly named obs-vulkan64.json in C:\ProgramData\obs-studio-hook. I found that removing this, along with graphics-hook64.dll, fixed the issue (I also removed obs-vulkan64.json and graphics-hook32.dll for good measure).

I thank you so much!

You are my hero this week. 🙂

Repawn
Honored Guest
Thank you so much, this worked. But does that mean now I won't be able to capture vulkan games with OBS anymore?

WizardCM
Honored Guest
Hi there - this should be fixed in OBS 26.0.2. The bug should be limited to OBS 26.0.0.

Be sure to install OBS using the installer or the updater. If you're using the portable version, run OBS as admin once for it to correctly replace the old Vulkan file. A reboot may be required to solve any remaining issues.