cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update releases seem to always be delayed in the EU

Paprika69
Honored Guest
Hi guys, 

The build 16 has been release the 13th and here were are the 18th and I sill don't have any update on my quest. It seems that the issue is the same every time an update is released. 

It seems that people based in the EU are concerned by this, is there any explanation? 

Thanks  🙂
7 REPLIES 7

Mr_PoOL
Protege
What are you on about, I updated yesterday and I live in the EU. Just reboot your device a couple times 

enigma01
Trustee
Yeh, I'm in EU and got the latest update yesterday too. 

Oculus have said several times on this forum that software update rollouts aren't region specific. 

Paprika69
Honored Guest

enigma01 said:

Oculus have said several times on this forum that software update rollouts aren't region specific. 

What would explain that some people get it and others no? I turn off my headset after every single use. 

Richooal
Consultant

Paprika69 said:

It seems that people based in the EU are concerned by this, is there any explanation? 

Where did you get that information?
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

maurapi94
Honored Guest

Paprika69 said:

Hi guys, 

The build 16 has been release the 13th and here were are the 18th and I sill don't have any update on my quest. It seems that the issue is the same every time an update is released. 

Thanks  🙂

Same here, no update available yet!
I live in EU

Mr_PoOL
Protege
just reboot a few times in a row and check after every reboot, it's  how i do every update and works like a charm

enigma01
Trustee

Paprika69 said:

enigma01 said:

What would explain that some people get it and others no? I turn off my headset after every single use. 

As far as I'm aware Oculus roll out the updates to a gradual percentage of devices so they can monitor for issues, this gradual rollout is apparently completely random. 

I have had my Quest since it launched last May, some updates I have had early on once launched, some later on. There is no consistent pattern.