cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Image Oculus Rift CV1

MattVGEXP
Explorer
With the Oculus Rift CV1 I've been able to connect the HDMI after 4 days of it not connecting with the software for set up. Finally today the Oculus HDMI has started to cooperate for some reason, or so I thought. Right now there is no image displaying on the rift or aka giving me the "black screen." Audio is crystal clear and monitor is displaying everything I need to see with both tested ports working, just not of the rift headset... Could really use some help from Rift veterans for how to troubleshoot this.
Specs: GC: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (445.87 driver up to date) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz Windows 10 Home (64-bit) Latest Update and ASUSTek COMPUTER INC. PRIME H370M-PLUS Rev 1.xx Motherboard
3 REPLIES 3

MattVGEXP
Explorer
Even when working with the Public Test Channel (Beta) version of Oculus Software, there's no dice. In fact a step back with kicking the CV1 headset back to No HDMI Connection.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hey @MattVGEXP, I've sorry to hear you're having issues with your Rift. If you haven't already. please try removing and re-connecting the headset cable on both ends. You'll need to remove the facial interface to access the cable on the headset side. While you have it removed, check to see if there are any bent pins or other damage on the connectors. Also, check to see if moving or manipulating the cable has any effect. Please contact support here with your Oculus Diagnostic logs if you need more help. Thanks! -Rick
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MattVGEXP
Explorer
Moving the cable had no effect with connectivity issues when I tried reconnecting the Rift. As for the inspection of cable the pictures I sent with the HDMI side of the cable in my Oculus support ticket said that the pin I was suspicious about (5V) was not broken/missing. Other than one minor bend which I also submitted to support, that's all I could Identify with the cable.