cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I stream to OBS and Twitch using the link cable?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been wanting to live stream to my twitch channel with my Quest but I can't figure out how. I was looking at the method for the rift s but I couldn't find the oculus mirror exe file that is used for the rift S. Also is there a program that could put the twitch chat into any game I'm playing like Elite Dangerous or Pistol Whip?
2 REPLIES 2

theseanwinkler
Honored Guest
Do you know how to use OBS? 

I stream iRacing to Twitch and I race in VR. I have my twitch chat and my OBS streaming window pinned into my vr world while I race.

What you want to do is first open up your Twitch channel and then pop-out your chat into a new browser. Create a bookmark for that browser pop-out for easier access next time. 

Now that your chat is in a new window, go into your Quest and load up Link Beta so you are now into the Rift menu screen.

On the Rift taskbar, scroll to the right to add a window. Click on that and choose the browser window that has your popped out chat open. You should see that browser window open up in your headset. 

Now you can grab that window and move it to any position you want, zooming it in and out and resizing it to your choice.

The last key is to pin that browser window. Pinning it will keep it in that position no matter what environment you load up. I access the window's menu by pressing the B button on the right handset, and then select PIN. 

Hope this helps!

theseanwinkler
Honored Guest
How I put my chat into my stream is I use the Streamlabs.com chatbox widget and add it to an OBS overlay.