New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

I've expecting the Rift S today

Playy_Playy_ Posts: 11
NerveGear
I have a CV1 running.

This maybe a silly question, but how do I swap? Do I have to uninstall the CV1 first, or do I just unplug it and plug in the Rift S and follow the set up instructions in the Oculus app?

Comments

• lensmandavelensmandave Posts: 374
    Trinity
    edited May 1
    Under 'devices' in the Oculus app you'll see 'Add Headset'. Click and follow instructions :)
    You already have the necessary software installed :)
    Enjoy the 'S' it's a great upgrade!
    Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB
    CORSAIR H105 HYDRO CPU COOLER.
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080ti. 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.
    SAMSUNG M.2 SSD 128GB SM951 Boot Drive. SAMSUNG SSD 500GB EVO Working Drive.
    Windows 10  64bit Professional
  • Playy_Playy_ Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    Thanks. 

• TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 2,389 Valuable Player
    Ya, and then maybe find that your Rift S is not that big of an upgrade and return it like I did, lol! 

For me, I found that having a PC capable of 2.0 SS without ASW produced a better result, better tracking, much better audio, better oled blacks/contrast in darkish games, and just as comfy.  Hopefully you will be in the 'better clarity and comfort' camp.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti, 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, PCI-E PCI Express to USB 3.1 Gen 2 card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/controllers, Quest w/Link and VD wireless (good/close 5Ghz wifi and PC with Ethernet cable to my Router).