New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Resetting account how are games affected?

Mercenery200Mercenery200 Posts: 2
NerveGear
Hello, I'm going to factory reset my oculus quest and I want to know how my games will be affected. If I factory reset my quest will all the games still be in the library and can simply just be reinstalled. Or if I factory reset will all the games be removed and I will need too have the original email associated with the account reinstated?

Comments

• KentobiKentobi Posts: 172
    Art3mis
    If you factory reset, you’ll have to log in with your Oculus account and redownload your apps. You’ll have to have the original username and password. You can certainly create a new account, but purchases are tied to the account, not the headset. Does that help?
  • wuzpwuzp Posts: 516
    Neo
    • All local app/data (on the headset) is lost.
    • You must reinstall your apps/games from the Store.  If you previously downloaded an app/game; it will be listed as "Purchased" in the store.
    • Any app/game that required a login must be logged back into.
  • Mercenery200Mercenery200 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Thank you for your reply that certainly helps!
  • andersson031andersson031 Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    Them main part for me is an option to restore all the settings and savings.
  • MahjafahjaMahjafahja Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I have a quest and a quest two, if I factory reset the quest (to sell) will I lose everything off of the quest 2 
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 6,361 Volunteer Moderator
    I have a quest and a quest two, if I factory reset the quest (to sell) will I lose everything off of the quest 2 
    Factory resetting clears content off the device. Resetting one headset will not have any effect on the other. 

If you plan to sell your old Quest, you should also go to your profile/devices page on the Oculus website and click “Delete Device Data” for that headset, to disassociate it from your account. 
    i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0