What's Vulkan mode?
0:00:10.064 I/WIN: Showing subscreen Main Menu
0:00:10.064 I/OVR: User is entering the holodeck.
0:00:10.064 I/WIN: Opened window Primary V11 UI
0:00:16.491 I/WIN: Showing subscreen Settings
0:00:19.328 I/OVR: Initializing VR Subsystem.
0:00:57.505 E/OVR: Session display lost, becmoing a zombie.
0:00:57.511 E/VR_BRIDGE: Shutting down hardware because the VR HAL is now in a zombie state.
0:00:57.516 I/OVR: Shutting Down VR Subsystem.
0:03:54.484 I/OVR: User is leaving the holodeck.
Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti, 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd. Asus ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, PCI-E PCI Express to USB 3.1 Gen 2 card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/controllers, Quest w/Link and VD wireless (good/close 5Ghz wifi and PC with Ethernet cable to my Router).
Ran Oculus repair and it now works.
I thought I'd take a look at what X-Plane is doing with the Oculus sdk using my Oculus Injector. Umm, why is X-Plane loading the Oculus runtime library 375 times in a row before I've even ticked the "Enable VR" button?I'm going to have to change my hooking system to avoid maxing out hooks, no other vr game I've tested does this.Edit: while writing this it's already reached 3455 calls to load the oculus library. Is it just reloading the library every frame?
So far what I'm seeing:
During the VR panel settings screen (with Enable VR turned off) X-Plane loads the Oculus runtime library, calls ovr_Initialize (asking for runtime 1.23), then 0.008s later it calls ovr_Shutdown. It repeats this pattern 25 times per second.
Repeatedly initializing and shutting down the oculus sdk 25 times a second is not normal behaviour for a VR app. Also maybe they should update their oculus sdk, they are requesting a runtime from 2 years ago. That shouldn't hurt, I don't think the application binary interface has changed between then and now, but if it had...
I need to add some more logging to see if they are doing anything else between the initialize and shutdown. (I can't tell why they do anything, all I can see is what they are telling the sdk to do, and I need to manually write code for each function I want to check).
Interesting side note: Audica and Pistol Whip both use runtime 1.37. Beat Saber uses 1.45. All three do the same procedure (they are all Unity apps): initialize the sdk in invisible mode (has full access but no rendering, what I use for Auto Oculus Touch), shut it down a fraction of a second later, then initialize again in focus aware mode for the actual game. I'm guessing the first invisible call is to check connected hardware or something.
How do I tell which version of Oculus it is?
Oculus v17 rolled out to me today. All seems to work fine. During the installation I did not see any new driver install windows. After it finished installing I shutdown my PC (full, not sleep or hibernate btw). Then restarted my pc and fired up my Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors.
I tried a couple Oculus Store games (including Lone Echo for ~30 minutes), a couple Steam games, and a couple VivePort games. Everything ran good as ever, no problems. Also, all my Oculus devices properly reported usb 3.0 in the green.
Although I don't really use my Rift for xp11 anymore, just my Vive Pro, I thought I'd give it a go anyway. I always startup xp11 with my Rift by calling up the Oculus desktop panel, then use my mouse to startup with a shortcut on my taskbar. 11.50b9 Vulkan started up no problems and I ended up in the usual startup hangar facing the menu boards. Selected a flight and all worked perfectly. Had a good fly around Chicago at dawn and everything was a very smooth 45-55fps. The good old Oculus shutdown bug is still in effect and I still need to use task manager to kill it.
So, for me, v17 is working fine. Thank goodness!
ASIDE: In the past I have occasionally had xp11 hang either during the wait to get to the hangar and/or when I tried to start a new flight. In all these cases this was due to using too high xp11 and/or super sampling settings. Once I lowered these (xp11 by starting up in 2D monitor mode), SS for me with OTT, all worked fine. For those having issues starting up xp11 in VR you might want to consider this. Good luck mates and cheers.
I gave Laminar a detailed bug report. Hopefully they'll take it seriously.
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!