cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batteries are so annoying to remove!!

TomBomb_FR
Explorer
I use rechargeable batteries in my Oculus Touch controllers, and it works fine, except the batteries really don't last very long (particularly on the right controller). But I get it, these controllers are packed with technology, it's understandable that the batteries drain pretty fast.

But since it's also not possible to charge the controllers directly, you are left with replacing the batteries pretty often... which wouldn't be that annoying if only the battery wasn't a pain to remove each time!! I always have to grab something like a stick or a screwdriver, to remove the battery, and I always fear I'll damage it.

So... Oculus... have you ever seen a device, like a walkman or a radio that uses batteries, and noticed they added a little ribbon, a little piece of fabric that sits under the battery. This incredible technology from the 80s, seemingly forgotten in 2020 is incredibly useful, as it lets you remove batteries very easily!!! Maybe think about it for your next controllers??

THANK YOU
1 REPLY 1

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee
I would say it might be the type of battery you might be using, i use 4 Energizer rechargeable batteries and i have been amazed at how long they last, i am getting just under a week on one set and that is using it a good few hours a day, moreso during this crisis, so i use 2 and have 2 charged so i never amd without a waiting charged battery. 😉

CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.