New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Can I play steam games that don't say they support Oculus quest?

Tonkata08Tonkata08 Posts: 26
Brain Burst
edited May 14 in Games and Apps
I want to play Beat Saber but steam says that it supports only the rift one and i would like to play when I am not home and I don't have a PC. Is that possible. Do the Oculus store I heard of has that game so I can play it when on trips. Thanks for the time!

Comments

• nalex66nalex66 Posts: 5,437 Volunteer Moderator
    Without a PC, you won’t be playing any games from Steam. Look at the Quest store to see what you can play on the Quest without a PC connection. (Hint: you can play Beat Saber.)
    i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0
  • Tonkata08Tonkata08 Posts: 26
    Brain Burst
    tnx a lot nalex66 just wanted to know if I can play beat saber when in other city. And the Steam game says that it doesn't support quest. where can i look at the quest store.
    Brain Burst
    edited May 14
    nvm found it 
    If i buy the game in steam do i need to pay in your shop or if I buy it in your store can I still play it on PC?

• kojackkojack Posts: 6,418 Volunteer Moderator
    Tonkata08 said:
    where can i look at the quest store.
    The Quest store  in his post is the link to the store.

• nalex66nalex66 Posts: 5,437 Volunteer Moderator
    Tonkata08 said:
    If i buy the game in steam do i need to pay in your shop or if I buy it in your store can I still play it on PC?

Buying on Steam will only get you the Steam PC version, and will only allow you to play it while connected to a VR-capable PC. Buying on the Oculus Quest store will get you the Quest version, and also the Oculus PC version for some games (if the game supports cross-buy). Beat Saber doesn't support cross-buy, so you will only get the version for the platform you buy it on. Here is a list of games that do support cross-buy between the Quest and the Rift.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0
    Brain Burst
    i guess it is better to play a rythm game without the cables but for some games quality is better not for beat saber tho.