New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Apps won't uninstall

ShawnQuest3ShawnQuest3 Posts: 30
Brain Burst
So a month or two ago, I tried to get custom songs on Beat Saber again, because I accidentally uninstalled BMBF. So a few weeks after I uninstalled BMBF, I downloaded it later and tried to uninstall Beat Saber from there to get the new updates. It removed all my data, unfortunately, so I tried to use my backup I had on SideQuest. I did that, but nothing worked.

Later, I tried to uninstall it from the Oculus Quest menu, of course it didn't work, and to this day, it's been stuck on uninstalling. Also, the APK is gone, but the game is still uninstalling. Fast-forward to today, I put the gift-card I got for my birthday a few days ago on my Oculus account. I bought Virtual Desktop, and then went to download the version on SideQuest. I didn't realize until now that it affects the Oculus Store version, so when I didn't see it in Unknown Sources, I tried uninstalling things like ALVR and some others.

"Nothing worked", so I tried to uninstall Virtual Desktop through the Oculus Quest menu, again. So then it got stuck on uninstalling. I'm really upset, anyway, do I have to factory reset my Quest to use these apps and games again?

Comments

• ShawnQuest3ShawnQuest3 Posts: 30
    Brain Burst
    I hope someone has the answer, because I don't want to waste $20.
    Brain Burst
    OK, I'm just gonna factory reset it. I hope that works.
    Brain Burst
    fine, since nobody helped with this question, i'm factory resetting it
  • CitizenXLVIICitizenXLVII Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    fine, since nobody helped with this question, i'm factory resetting it

If you didn't already factory reset it, the solution is pretty simple and was a Google search away. That's how I first found it.

Use Side Quest, go to your installed applications menu, click "Show All", find"com.oculus.ocms", click settings next to it and click "Clear app data".