Update 6/1/2020 -
The team noticed some confusion around voice dictation and voice commands in these release notes. We have now added separate sections for Voice Dictation and Voice Commands to help differentiate between the two and better clarify the latest updates on each
All of these features and enhancements will become available throughout the week of 5/18/20
- Guardian can now detect objects in your Roomscale playspace during setup.
- If an object is detected, Guardian will encourage you to remove the object from your playspace.
- If you can’t remove the object, Guardian will make you aware of it to help you create a safer playspace.
- When you glance down at the floor in-VR, you’ll have to option to see the floor bounds for Guardian.
- To enable this feature, select Settings > Guardian > Glanceable Boundary
- We’ve made usability improvements to the in-VR reporting flow
- You can now search for bundles in the Oculus Store.
- Please note that this change is an experiment that only a percentage of users will see.
- You can now toggle the red dot indicator (which indicates you’re casting, recording video, or live streaming) on or off.
- To do this, go to Settings > Device > Video Capture Indicator.
- Hand tracking for Oculus Quest is moving out of the Experimental Features section and into general release. Learn more about hand tracking.
- We’ve made it easier to share the photos and videos you capture in-VR to Facebook or Messenger. Now, right after you capture a photo or video you’ll see a large preview of your capture. You can then press the Oculus button to view sharing options.
- Voice Dictation is moving out of the Experimental Features section and into general release.
- To type faster in VR using speech-to-text dictation, select the microphone icon on the Oculus keyboard.
- Please note: This feature is currently limited to English speakers in the US.
- We’ve made general improvements to the Voice Commands beta feature.
- Voice Commands can now be used within apps, games, and other immersive experiences.
- The settings for Voice Commands can be adjusted by selecting Settings > Device > Voice Commands.
- Please note that this feature is still in beta and may only be available to a percentage of users at this time.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the view to freeze upon using the headset for the first time after a long period of inactivity.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the Virtual Environments menu to incorrectly show the “No Internet Connection” error message when selected.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the ‘Free’ button to remain on an app’s store page after previously selecting it rather than showing the download progress.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the artwork for apps to appear as blank tiles in users’ libraries.
- Fixed the design of Guardian boundaries during the confirmation step to align with the initial animation.