New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Order status opened?

Can anyone please explain what order status opened mean!

Comments

• RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,876 Valuable Player
    You would probably need to give some context to get an accurate meaning.
    Where did you see this? Website when ordering? In an email?
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Senors - 0 PROBLEMS 1 minor problem
    Dear Oculus, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", please.

• jair.tapia.14jair.tapia.14 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    enigma01 said:
    An open order status usually means it’s unfulfilled. So the supplier hasn’t dispatched the order to the courier yet. 
    ...so is just a matter of waiting?
  • icecold951icecold951 Posts: 31
    Brain Burst
    enigma01 said:
    An open order status usually means it’s unfulfilled. So the supplier hasn’t dispatched the order to the courier yet. 
    ...so is just a matter of waiting?

That's my understanding. I'm in the same boat. Order Status Opened
  • dvc2112dvc2112 Posts: 35
    Brain Burst
    Here, too.  I ordered a 128GB Quest on 5/19, 2 minutes after receiving the email notification that they were back in stock.  The "Ships By" date during that order process showed "June 24th."  My order status shows "Opened" now.  There is no visible charge or hold on my account for the cost of the Quest.  Hopefully that 6/24 date still holds true, AND they will be able to apply the charge to my card being just after the 30 day mark.
  • Umpa_PCUmpa_PC Posts: 835
    Trinity
    edited May 26
    dvc2112 said:
    Here, too.  I ordered a 128GB Quest on 5/19, 2 minutes after receiving the email notification that they were back in stock.  The "Ships By" date during that order process showed "June 24th."  My order status shows "Opened" now.  There is no visible charge or hold on my account for the cost of the Quest.  Hopefully that 6/24 date still holds true, AND they will be able to apply the charge to my card being just after the 30 day mark.
    Is this from the oculus website or another supplier ?  My best guess it that as you were filling the form in, someone else pressed OK before you did - thus by the time you had finished - they were out of stock.
    Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
    MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
    MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
    16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
    Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
    Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.
  • dvc2112dvc2112 Posts: 35
    Brain Burst
    edited May 26
    Umpa_PC said:
    dvc2112 said:
    Is this from the oculus website or another supplier ?  My best guess it that as you were filling the form in, someone else pressed OK before you did - thus by the time you had finished - they were out of stock.

My order status updated yesterday from Opened to "Processing for Shipping" and the charge now shows on my card (order was placed directly w/Oculus).  Thanks, Oculus, that was fast!  Greatly looking forward to the Quest - will be my 1st VR exp.
  • Umpa_PCUmpa_PC Posts: 835
    Trinity
    It will be with you very soon then, they are very fast once they take the dosh - Your gonna love it :)
    Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
    MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
    MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
    16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
    Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
    Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.
  • DarthConnorsDarthConnors Posts: 30
    Brain Burst
    I also have the Order status: Opened. It's just a waiting game
  • 001FUNNYCAT001FUNNYCAT Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    It looks like its just waiting for someone to accept your order.
  • 001FUNNYCAT001FUNNYCAT Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited July 15
    Someone who works at Oculus will eventually take a look and be like "He has enough money, lets accept it".
  • MushroomiesMushroomies Posts: 201
    Nexus 6
    edited July 15
    The order open means you order went through, They just have not filled your order yet, They do this in groups, They do not ship them out one at a time. They fill up the shipping trucks with a bunch of orders all at once. In most cases an order will stay on open from 7 to 10 days, Somewhere around that, Then it will go to Process for Shipping that will last a few days. Then they ship them out very fast. Most of the time it is shipped out 2 day Air.
  • KukliiKuklii Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    The order open means you order went through, They just have not filled your order yet, They do this in groups, They do not ship them out one at a time. They fill up the shipping trucks with a bunch of orders all at once. In most cases an order will stay on open from 7 to 10 days, Somewhere around that, Then it will go to Process for Shipping that will last a few days. Then they ship them out very fast. Most of the time it is shipped out 2 day Air.
    What if they go out of stock tho, i ordered a rift s on 7/13 and a day or two after it said they were out of stock, so if they do that shouldn't my order be processing for shipping by now since the stock was already bought out, considering you said that they take a couple of days for people to fill out those orders so they can fill as much as they can into a truck before sending it out for shipping.
    Nexus 6
    Kuklii said:
    What if they go out of stock tho, i ordered a rift s on 7/13 and a day or two after it said they were out of stock, so if they do that shouldn't my order be processing for shipping by now since the stock was already bought out, considering you said that they take a couple of days for people to fill out those orders so they can fill as much as they can into a truck before sending it out for shipping.
    If you placed an order and it says open, That means there was one available when you placed your order and one is held for you and only you. Open means your order went through and is waiting for the next process. It will not go to shipping for a little while. Do not worry, It will stay on open about 9 to 11 days and then it will change to Process for Shipping. Once that happens, It will ship out a few days from then. It is shipped 2 day air. To receive an order takes somewhere around the 2 weeks. Dont worry, Your in good shape. Look through the Post topics I think in the Rift section and find one that is titled (Order stuck on "Open") Read what is posted there starting on page one. You will understand how it works if you read that.
  • jed.prawNjed.prawN Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Kuklii said:
    If you placed an order and it says open, That means there was one available when you placed your order and one is held for you and only you. Open means your order went through and is waiting for the next process. It will not go to shipping for a little while. Do not worry, It will stay on open about 9 to 11 days and then it will change to Process for Shipping. Once that happens, It will ship out a few days from then. It is shipped 2 day air. To receive an order takes somewhere around the 2 weeks. Dont worry, Your in good shape. Look through the Post topics I think in the Rift section and find one that is titled (Order stuck on "Open") Read what is posted there starting on page one. You will understand how it works if you read that.

Looks like its the waiting game! boys and girls...
    Order date : 18/7/2020- still showing Open for me too.
    Going to be watching this like a hawk for the next week!.

Thanks for all of the above for clearing up what the "Order Status - Open" actually means (Y)
    Love from, Keen to play VR gamer. <3

• MisterNotepadMisterNotepad Posts: 6
    Brain Burst
    jed.prawN said:
    Kuklii said:

Thanks for all of the above for clearing up what the "Order Status - Open" actually means (Y)

Looks like we ordered on the same day. LOL - here's hoping our statuses change soon. :)
  • CharizardX470CharizardX470 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    jed.prawN said:
    Kuklii said:

Looks like we ordered on the same day. LOL - here's hoping our statuses change soon. :)
    ordered mine a day after! hope to see all our statuses change soon!!
  • EethanEethan Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I ordered in the early hours of 16/07/2020 just as I saw them come back into stock.  Currently just ticked over to 22/07/2020 and still on 'opened'. My F5 finger is calloused. :P
  • eduardo.stroparoeduardo.stroparo Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    My order status still open since 11/07/2020
  • Dnmllr316Dnmllr316 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Mine is still "opened" since 14/07/2020.
  • KukliiKuklii Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    Still on opened boys, waiting 9 days so far hoping itll change soon fingers crossed ;( Hope everyone gets their status changed soon
  • Afterburn75Afterburn75 Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    I ordered my oculus quest on July 18 it’s now July 22 I was wondering how long will it take to get processed because when I contacted support they said my order is in processing. But it has been like that for 4 days how long will it take to change the status?
  • NextmytypeNextmytype Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I ordered a Oculus Rift s how long will it take to adcept. And how long does it take to ship in CALI.
    Nexus 6
    Your order will stay on open for around 10 day, Give or take a day or two, Then it will change to process for shipping. That well last a couple of days. Then it will ship out 2 day air. The whole process is around two weeks. If you order says open, Do not worry, One is held for you and only you. We all have gone through this so do not worry.  It is on the way. See you soon in the VR World B)
  • enigma01enigma01 Posts: 970
    3Jane
    What is the estimated ship by date on your order? This will have some bearing on how long your order is in ‘open status’. I’ve placed orders on Oculus website and they have been in ‘open’ for about 24 hours, then shipped and I’ve received tracking information. 
  • Afterburn75Afterburn75 Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    edited July 23
    What is the estimated ship by date on your order? This will have some bearing on how long your order is in ‘open status’. I’ve placed orders on Oculus website and they have been in ‘open’ for about 24 hours, then shipped and I’ve received tracking information. 

It said estimated delivery was august 4th.
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 6,304 Volunteer Moderator
    I've merged the two Quest 'order status opened' threads as I think one for the Quest and one for the Rift are probably enough.
    Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v2004 (19041.508)
  • enigma01enigma01 Posts: 970
    3Jane
    It said estimated delivery was august 4th.
    Well then that’s probably why your order status is still ‘open’. If you’ve not received it by that date, contact Oculus support and ask them for an update. I ordered an Oculus Link cable a few weeks ago, it was dispatched within 24 hours and delivered 2 days later. 
  • Nanoo28Nanoo28 Posts: 14
    Brain Burst
    Dnmllr316 said:
    Mine is still "opened" since 14/07/2020.
    ....even now? Please update us.
  • NeonWolfYTNeonWolfYT Posts: 20
    NerveGear
    edited July 23
    My man ordered one on the 29th of June and his order status is still open.  Strangely enough, the delivery date was estimated on July 25th which is 2 days from now.  He ordered straight from Oculus.  I opened a ticket for it and all they said was that we have to wait.  Is this long period of time normal?